Earth Defense Force 2017 - Play & help

I liked the boom, but it didnt do much if *any* damage. ... armed with 2 genocide guns each. but they didnt even seem to make a dent in the drop-ships
They do 1,000,000 damage to living things, but nothing to UFOs (not sure about the walkers). And yes the blast radius is so big you have to be careful :devil: On some of the outdoor spider levels they do truly slay everything!

I just ordered this from shopto. Gotta be worth a punt for a tenner :thumbsup:

Just turn off any expectation for graphical prowess, invite a mate over, grab some beers, shoot bugs, enjoy - job sorted :thumbsup:

Also, make sure you stick with it for at least 5 levels or so. the first few levels are quite similar. But once you get hooked on finding better weapons thats where the fun kicks in.

Only got the last level to do on inferno now.

got 170 weapons and health is 4500.

getting slaughtered tbh. :rolleyes:

how much health is required to survive long enough against those lasers to take the mothership down?

cant give up now, yet i can see this is going to be difficult, almost too difficult.

This is me except I have over 9k health and I still cant bloody do it :mad:

I'm loving this game. It's so addictive! I'm on mission 25 and i've unlocked about 30 weapons. I tend to stick to the rocket launcher and assault rifle type weapons but would like any other recommendations, cheers.

The hardest thing about this game is finding a co-op partner crazy enough to fight through Inferno with you, my mates are sick to death of it :D

You can all ways play co-op by yourself and try to hide one of the players or at least keep him out of as much trouble as possible :D

There's no way id've managed it single player only.

I hope they make a sequel and enable online co-op.

I'm loving this game. It's so addictive! I'm on mission 25 and i've unlocked about 30 weapons. I tend to stick to the rocket launcher and assault rifle type weapons but would like any other recommendations, cheers.

My most used weapons overall were probaly the Zexr turrets and governer 100 shotgun (possibly the m99 stingray rockets aswell.)

Hardly touched the assult rifles. maybe thats why i made such a meal of completing the game :rolleyes:

You can all ways play co-op by yourself and try to hide one of the players or at least keep him out of as much trouble as possible :D

There's no way id've managed it single player only.

I hope they make a sequel and enable online co-op.
:eek: That's just not on :nono: But yeah it can get a bit rough... I do hope they do a sesqyel with online, 4 players would be even better for total madness!

I tend to stick to the rocket launcher and assault rifle type weapons but would lie any other recommendations, cheers.
Post 48 page 4, also see posts 61 and 67 (68?).

The assault rifles are a bit of personal preference. AF100 is all-around best IMO though, however there is an AF99 which has really long range (420m?) which is good as you can hit UFOs and not need another weapon and means you can take a turret. Ammo capacity; there's a 999 ammo AF99 and fires 60(?) per second.

The laser guns you see troops using are a reward for finishing one of the difficulty levels, easy i think? it's called the Zero laser Rifle, but isnt that good because like a lot of energy weapons you cant recharge them.

Certain weapons are situational; i quite like the "Bound" guns for tunnel levels or flamethrowers/Magma Cannon, ditto the "Brute J Triple" grenade launcher and the "Stampede" vs the big bosses. Dont ignore the sniper rifles either, as you level up they are often better than the rocket launchers or rifles.

The shotguns and missile launchers are generally a bit poor compared to the PS2 games, plus an almost complete lack of energy weapons. I hope they continue the series from The Chikyuu Boueguin 2 rather than EDF 2017.

One of course cant go without mentioning the Genocide Gun <Dr Evil voice> one million damage! /<Dr Evil voice> :devil: but you get it for finishing Inferno, so probably wont see much use sadly. Just have fun experimenting with the guns you unlock, as thats the point of the game really.

How could i forget, the stampede XM grenade launcher kicks some inferno a$$ :thumbsup:

come to think of it, there wasnt many levels i started without it once i'd picked it up.

Did you ever 100% this then?

Just had a look on Amazon and Play and it's holding it's price very well, still in the £18 range, which is amazing given how "better" popular games plunge in price when a new version comes out.

Did you ever 100% this then?

Just had a look on Amazon and Play and it's holding it's price very well, still in the £18 range, which is amazing given how "better" popular games plunge in price when a new version comes out.

If you mean me, then yes i did.

i traded it not long after i finished it then quickly re-bought it after protests from the kids.

i hope they make another one. :thumbsup:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom