Earth Defence Force 2017 Portable: Help and Play and co-op thread

Stinja

Distinguished Member
Since EDF 2017 Portable is on the EU's Easter sale, i'm hoping some others might pick it up :hiya: or others bought it previously, and might like to help out us noobs level up a bit?

Here's the old Xbox 360 thread, which has a bit of info in it: Earth Defense Force 2017 - Play & help | AVForums

And this old GameFAQs list might still be relevant on where to farm weapons: GameFAQs: Earth Defense Force 2017 (X360) Weapons Guide by halomasterchris

So anyone up for some co-op?

I've only played the first handful of levels, yet it feels like a comfy old sofa one is settling in to :) I'm hopeful this will be solid as it's reviewed well.
My only niggle so far is the Vita's analogue sticks do feel a bit too loose, especially for aiming.

EDF! EDF! EDF! :devil:

Last edited:

Floyd AVF

I just bought this. Can the multiplayer levels be grinded with a partner?
I'd like to get any co-op etc trophies out of the way before ploughing into the sp campaigns

Stinja

Distinguished Member
Not sure, but on the 360 version couch co-op was equivalent to single-player for unlocking stuff.

I'm not proud to say, but I had occasionally, on the very hardest inferno levels, fired up the second controller, given it two gun-turrets, and used it as extra fire-support :blush:

So yeah, happy to grind out multiplayer stuff, and unlock some meatier weapons :hiya:

Stinja

Distinguished Member
Yes, i believe its one PSN list, so you can add from PS3, 4 or Vita, and it shows on all.

Id = Stinja :)

Wigandave

Interested in this whilst its on sale but unsure if its actually 'my type' of game. Is it fair to compare to Monster Hunter but more of a sci-fi/ alien invasion setting?

Floyd AVF

Not played Monster Hunter, but the EDF games are just about ****ting waves of giant bugs and robots with a large array of weapons, while turning the cities into rubble along the way!

Stinja

Distinguished Member
Soul Sacrifice is more like Monster Hunter.
EDF is more like 3rd person Robotron, set in a cheesy-good 60's sci-fi monster movie, but modern world.

I do enjoy EDF games, they can be surprisingly tricky, and sometimes it's an experiment to work out best tactics+weapons for a map. Did i mention FUN yet? ;)

Finished on Normal, so going to jump to some Hardest, to then make Hard slightly easier. Oh, and i might try to get Gravity Rush done too: i cant believe they separated the level difficulties for Storm and JetGirl, so that's just the 10 play thrus then...

Wigandave

Well that looks like another game to add to the backlog then :) Sounds good guys, thanks.

Stinja

Distinguished Member
Anyone else playing this yet?
I'm a bit stuck on a couple of missions, with PaleWing about mission 33 and 34 where you
fight the 4-legged thingy
a couple of times, on Hardest.
I might just need to farm up a bit more health...

Completed Normal with Storm1, and with a few exception, about level 50 with PaleWing on Hardest. Currently alternating between rushing easier difficulties for health, and farming Hardest/Inferno for better guns.

Wigandave

Bought this but its another one that's currently sat, waiting to be played :( I keep going back to Rayman Legends rather than starting something new.

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom