• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Earphone buying advice budget £100

majnu

Distinguished Member
I'm after some portable earphones which I will pair with my Nexus 4 phone for music, movies and the odd bit of android gaming. (I may get a portable slim amp if you recommend)

I will use the phones whilst at the gym and commuting so I prefer noise isolating ones which don't disturb passengers whilst I can block out noise from the outside world.

I'd like them to have good clarity, spatial awareness, bass and the type of Music which I may listen to now and gain is beats antique as shown in the video below

Budget £80-100

Thanks

noisemaker

Established Member
If you are going to be in constant movement, the Sennheiser CX 685 Sports

majnu

Distinguished Member
Sennheiser IE7
Yamaha EPH-100
JVC HA-FX1000

Are all within the price range and seem to be good. I'm just trying to draw a short list atm.

Member 266567

Established Member
The Audiofly AF56 is an in-ear headphone with a LOT of bass (assuming you get a good seal in the ear). Very nicely finished design and durable cabling. Highly recommended!

My suggestion if you want to stay way under budget would be SoundMAGIC E30s with Comply Foam tips. Perfect for the gym and commuting. The over ear cabling of the E30 works really well to keep the earphones in place and Comply tips (especially the Active Series) also help them stay in the ear very securely.

Last edited:

Member 372856

Established Member
I'm after some portable earphones which I will pair with my Nexus 4 phone for music, movies and the odd bit of android gaming. (I may get a portable slim amp if you recommend)

I will use the phones whilst at the gym and commuting so I prefer noise isolating ones which don't disturb passengers whilst I can block out noise from the outside world.

I'd like them to have good clarity, spatial awareness, bass and the type of Music which I may listen to now and gain is beats antique as shown in the video below

Beats Antique - Egyptic - YouTube

Budget £80-100

Thanks

You might want to consider our new CROMO IEM-75. They're dual driver earphones and within your budget.

Head Fi user review here.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom