• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Earphone Burn-in: Which music?

I

I Like Turtles

Can I play any music during the burn in period on my earphones or does it not make a difference which music I choose.

Jinxy

Established Member
I used a 30minute loop of pink noise over a couple of days to do my Atrio M5s, Denon 700s and Sleek SA6s. They all sounded horrid when first used before burn in but they all sounded much better after each night of pink noise.

Steve

Steven

Senior Moderator
Been there, done that and bought the t-shirt

I now take the point of view of just listening to music as intended. If changes are going to happen then you should be there every step of the way to appreciate the journey

Jinxy

Established Member
I used them during the day and ran pink noise over night for a few days, best of both worlds them and you can hear the improvement over the days.

Thanks

Steve

YellowSphere

Prominent Member
This is where being an industrial fan would come in handy...

BigTone

Prominent Member
Just plonk 'em on yer head and press play!
For 99.99% of the population your cans will sound exactly the same at hour 1 as they will do at hour 1,000,000! Honest, I kid you not.

So just play music, and over time you'll be hearing all sorts of great things and you'll be enjoying your new toys.

BigTony

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom