Earnings

T

The WB

i would love to know here i Australia most people these days earn around $600 a week AUS. the Denon AVC A1xva would now fetch around $15,000 AUS. In England the amp is only 4000 pounds am i correct. What is the base median wage of a worker there, most people there at that price should be able to afford a denon AVC A1xva. In the whole of Australia there is only 30 people who own one. i just like to know if we are getting ripped off and why is ours so expensive, because there not coming from England.

The average wage for a man in full time employment here in the UK is approx £615 per week before tax. Sound like they are much more expensive in Oz - is it because we won the Ashes? :)

Exchange rate is $2.5 AUS to the pound, so over here it costs $10,000 AUS if you do the maths. So it does sound as if you are getting ripped off.

£471 per week is median in UK circa 2005, so almost $1200 Aus per week or $60,000 Aus per year.

No wonder so many of you give up the sunsine to come here...

The WB said:
i would love to know here i Australia most people these days earn around $600 a week AUS. the Denon AVC A1xva would now fetch around $15,000 AUS. In England the amp is only 4000 pounds am i correct. What is the base median wage of a worker there, most people there at that price should be able to afford a denon AVC A1xva. In the whole of Australia there is only 30 people who own one. i just like to know if we are getting ripped off and why is ours so expensive, because there not coming from England.
just to let you know the top of the range Arcam pre/pro costs $18000 AUS

The exorbitant price of the Denon is a punishment bestowed upon you for providing us Brits with "Neighbours", "Home and Away", and "Prisoner Cell Block H".

However, you did also provide us with Kylie, Natalie Imbruglia, Kimberley Davies, Danni Minogue - so I suppose it should even itself out.

Sorry.

From the Office of National Statistics:
"The results of the 2005 ASHE show that median weekly pay for full-time employees in the UK grew by 2.8 per cent in April 2005 to reach £431. "

and the Denon costs 4800 pounds:

http://www.av-land.co.uk/denon/avca1xva/avca1xva.htm

who are usually quite cheap.

And according to the Australian Burea of Statistics the Average weekly earnings for Full-time adult ordinary time earnings in Feb 2006 was 1035.90 Aus dollars, not much less than the UK, really.

So it doesn't look like you're getting ripped off too much given that your market is much smaller.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom