Early Races too slow for the wheel ?? ...

Discussion in 'Playstation Forums' started by mickymoo72, Nov 26, 2010.

1. mickymoo72

mickymoo72

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +16
    Having loved using the DFGT wheel from the off on F1 for the sheer speed and hair raising reactions needed , I've found myself in a quandry with GT5 ...

I've decided to get into single player first and at the moment I cannot be bothered to get the wheel out as the beginner races are so easy and slow that for me to spend 5 mins setting the ironing board and wheel up (yep I don't have the pleasure of a Wheelstand!!), play for a couple of hours then have to put it away ... well simply put .. I can't be arsed !!

The pad does an admirable job. Don't get me wrong .. love the game, but anyone else with a wheel not bothered unpacking it yet ??

Me driving a VW Lupo GTi at top speed of 100mph just doesn't warrant it imo !! :laugh:

2. GMC79

GMC79
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,179
    Yep have got G25 and wheelstand pro right nxt to me, take 30secs to get ready, Just not bothered trying it yet. Guess a little worried deep down i'll not like it, especially after no full support.

Half the time just like laying back with the pad. Not tried my G25 with F12010 on PC yet either (50hrs played :laugh:)

ur right just cant be arsed most of the time, even when so easy to sort..
    Going to make a special effort in the morning for defo.

Last edited: Nov 26, 2010
  3. Rock Da Bass

Rock Da Bass

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +865
    Yeah, I'm kind of in the same boat.

Even though I've got a Wheelstand Pro with DFGT attached I still need to go and get it, set it up and plug in the cables etc.

Switching on the pad is a million times easier and I've had no issues with the pad so far so not 100% sure if the wheel is for me. I'm not a serious racing sim fan just want an enjoyable relaxing game.

I've put my wheel setup for sale in the classifieds but not particularly bothered if it sells or not as I may return to it when the races get a bit harder or more serious.

RDB :)

4. grizzlybearpuma

grizzlybearpuma
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    if you have a ikea close by nip down and pick up one of these (bedside table £15)
    the shelf slides inside when not in use so it easily can be used as a coffee table as the wheel doesnt take up that much room on the top (thats what i told the mrs anyway)
    works a treat
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 27, 2010