eARC receiver recommendation

michaelthrane

Novice Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I'm looking for at new receiver with eARC and Bluetooth, since my HK3770 has given up a few days ago.

I have to following speakers:

I would like to spend more on my next receiver, since I was never fully happy about the sound quality from the Harman Kardon.

Any recommendations or general tips? I have been considering adding a subwoofer, but I just have a feeling that a higher quality receiver would provide the sound quality I'm looking for. My setup is mostly used to playback classical / jazz and movies.

Thank you in advance for your time.

hi michael just about anything these days will do what you want, just depends on budget....marantz tends to have a bit more music focus...denon more av...

in the denon and marantz range anything from about 2018 has earc.... keep in mind even if you buy something without earc.. you can use a thing called the earc sharc... about $188 us delivered and you can buy direct or through amazon and gets delivered in a flash even if overseas

basically means you plug the thing into your earc port of your TV and it ports through full band width audio to your AVR ... like any other source...

Thanks alot!

I think the market for this type receivers is very hard to figure out, so I appreciate your explanation.

I will definitely be looking into Marantz's lineup.

Thanks alot!

I think the market for this type receivers is very hard to figure out, so I appreciate your explanation.

I will definitely be looking into Marantz's lineup.

hi micheal, maybe the site below will help you,

will see i filtered it to show all receivers with earc in what they list which spears to be brands above...

you can use it to filter and narrow down with certain brands eg just marantz and earc,

note once have narrowed down can compare a couple side by side by side to to see what comes with...

all will help get head around. no doubt if possible get out and check out for self, though understand if circumstances dont permit.

note with the marantz they also come with auro3D post processing which can explore and might find as some have thats its particularly good with music to upmix the way does to render in a way that very much suits the more forward bias of music performances ...

When you say spend more - what sort of budget do you have in mind?

You mention music playback, so although the Sony STR-DN1080 is a good cinema amp, you probably want better audio quality. That leaves the latest Yamaha, Denon and Marantz models, plus the new Arcam AVR10/20/30 if your budget stretches to that. The Arcams would be the pick for music but they start at £2.5k (maybe a few hundred points discount available).

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom