Earc issues with Yamaha Tsr700

Resulnaki99

Novice Member
I'm asking to anyone having same issue or experts please. (I've been searching all over the net and no one seems to have the same issue)
I have LG CX, Yamaha TSR 700
Yamaha is connected to TV via arc hdmi port. Whenever i turn on earc on the cx settings, I get a random popping sound from my speakers. It randomly changes speakers, so it's not just one particular speaker. The issue happens with native Netflix app, and Xbox series x that's directly connected to TV. My brother in law have the same exact setup, and same issue. Arc gives Dolby Atmos, so i stick with that, but as soon as I turn on earc, Netflix Dolby Atmos content and Xbox when Dolby Atmos is turned have that popping sound. It happens when you select something, or even go back. Only over Dolby Atmos content though for some reason. Also oddly, on native Netflix app, if earc is turned on and you go over a Atmos title/movie, the receiver briefly shows DThd, which i think somehow confuses the receiver. So, does anyone have any solution or idea?
I have premium certified full bandwidth hdmi 2.1 cables, so i know it's not the issue.
I also know some article saying having electronic devices around the TV and receiver somehow can interfere to cause issues, not i highly doubt it causes this issues, unless I'm totally wrong.
I used a Samsung q90t before, same issue over earc. The only thing i can think of is the HDMI 2.1 bug that's prevalent on the TSR 700. If m not mistaken 24gbs bandwidth is enough for earc, which tsr 700 is limited to. I just received my form from Yamaha to replace the hdmi board on the receiver, but even after the exchange, it will still be a 24gbs limit, which means I'll still have my Xbox connected directly to TV. I'm totally fine with, as long as the annoying earc issue is fixed. Anyways, if anyone has any clue, please let me know, because it's driving me crazy, and i don't wanna damage my Klipsch speakers.

dante01

Distinguished Member
I'd suggest you contact both LG and Yamaha to report the issue to them. Sounds as though there's an issue with the gardware and the HDMI hanfshaking between the devices and there's not really anything you as a user can do about this.

The issue needs the attention of the manufacturers to resolve it.

It has nothing to do with the bandwidth associared with the HDMI chipset onboard the AV receiver.

Last edited:

kovibalko

Standard Member
I'm asking to anyone having same issue or experts please. (I've been searching all over the net and no one seems to have the same issue)
I have LG CX, Yamaha TSR 700
Yamaha is connected to TV via arc hdmi port. Whenever i turn on earc on the cx settings, I get a random popping sound from my speakers. It randomly changes speakers, so it's not just one particular speaker. The issue happens with native Netflix app, and Xbox series x that's directly connected to TV. My brother in law have the same exact setup, and same issue. Arc gives Dolby Atmos, so i stick with that, but as soon as I turn on earc, Netflix Dolby Atmos content and Xbox when Dolby Atmos is turned have that popping sound. It happens when you select something, or even go back. Only over Dolby Atmos content though for some reason. Also oddly, on native Netflix app, if earc is turned on and you go over a Atmos title/movie, the receiver briefly shows DThd, which i think somehow confuses the receiver. So, does anyone have any solution or idea?
I have premium certified full bandwidth hdmi 2.1 cables, so i know it's not the issue.
I also know some article saying having electronic devices around the TV and receiver somehow can interfere to cause issues, not i highly doubt it causes this issues, unless I'm totally wrong.
I used a Samsung q90t before, same issue over earc. The only thing i can think of is the HDMI 2.1 bug that's prevalent on the TSR 700. If m not mistaken 24gbs bandwidth is enough for earc, which tsr 700 is limited to. I just received my form from Yamaha to replace the hdmi board on the receiver, but even after the exchange, it will still be a 24gbs limit, which means I'll still have my Xbox connected directly to TV. I'm totally fine with, as long as the annoying earc issue is fixed. Anyways, if anyone has any clue, please let me know, because it's driving me crazy, and i don't wanna damage my Klipsch speakers.
Hello! the yamaha RX-V6 has been updated (same as the TSR :)) - it was serviced with similar features before, now i have tried it on earc since the update, but a previous problem still remains - i will switch to the built-in youtube app of LG CX oled then DTHD will appear on the amplifier display - previously for much longer - now for only a few seconds. Luckily for Netflix I don't have this problem anymore - it's probably due to the update - but when I turn off the app I got a pretty nice evening (klipsch 5.1 reference theater pack) - you updated it - and there are similar problems (dthd caption and speaker popping sound)?
(of course the service just updated my amplifier - since the 1.48 update came out exactly then - they didn't find a bug anyway ... they tried it on a Samsung tv ....) Would you try one thing for me? hdmi ARC (non-earc) at neo6 cinema surrond (stereo source HBO go) my speaker squeaks if the content doesn't go - but only here .. or at an all channel stereo source - both lg cx built-in app - it looks like a TV - thanks to the amplifier's interplay all of this....
Or as I see it, when setting up earc, you can't switch to surround only dolby surround (like neo cinema, etc.) ?! sorry for the little novel :)

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

Sony Bravia XR A80J OLED TV Review
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom