eArc issue, maybe?

MickPutley

Novice Member
Hi, I am not really sure where this issue lies (TV, Receiver, etc.) but thought I'd start here. So I have an Apple TV connected directly to a Samsung QN90A with eARC sending sound to my Denon AVR-S960H. On the Apple TV, I run Plex. Sometimes (often but not always) I hit PLAY on a show and there is no sound. I stop playback, hit PLAY again and I have sound. Sometimes I have to go through that cycle 2-3 times. I guess it's almost like either (a) the TV is not sending the sound (sometimes) or (b) the receiver is not detecting it (sometimes). Any help is appreciated!

MickPutley

Novice Member
Hmmm very much still a mystery. So 2 weeks ago I upgraded from a 4K Apple TV (running Plex) that was, like 3 years old to a new 4K Apple TV (running Plex) (the 2021 version) and instead of hitting the issue every day it has only happened once since. I faithfully copied all the Apple TV settings from the old box to the new. Inconclusive, annoying and weird.

hamviewav

Novice Member
Just posted a new thread outlining "no sound" issues with my S960H. Is that similar?

The latest video from AVForums

AVForums Movies Podcast: Streaming Theatrical Releases And The Future Of Cinema
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom