Question eARC and Anthem MRX 740 with LG GX 65

Sir Button

Novice Member
Hi,

I've recently bought the Anthem MRX 740 in the hopes that I could reduce the connection to my AVR with 1 optical cable,by using the eARC connection between my TV and the AVR .

I've run out of options of what to try. The issue is that I don't receive any audio signal between the TV and the AVR. I've tried all permutations of settings on the TV but to no avail.

I saw a video of a guy calling himself Techno Daddy and followed his instructions but no luck so far.

I've also tried 3 different HDMI cables stating they should be good for arc connections but also no luck. I've ordered a couple of high speed HDMI cables from Amazon in the hope that it will do the trick.

Has someone gotten any experience in how to troubleshoot and resolve the issue?

Nick1881

@Sir Button Did you have any luck getting eARC working? I just managed to get it working with my MRX 740 and LG CX.

Be sure to enable CEC on the Anthem and the TV. If you need help I can list all the settings I used.

Dorian

@Sir Button is it possible you're trying to pass DTS out via your TV? That is one possible problem - annoyingly the LG *X models won't do this even for passthru.

@Nick1881 how are you getting on with eARC? Do you have to manually change inputs on the AVR or does it switch automatically?

Last edited:

Garry123

Hi,

I've recently bought the Anthem MRX 740 in the hopes that I could reduce the connection to my AVR with 1 optical cable,by using the eARC connection between my TV and the AVR .

I've run out of options of what to try. The issue is that I don't receive any audio signal between the TV and the AVR. I've tried all permutations of settings on the TV but to no avail.

I saw a video of a guy calling himself Techno Daddy and followed his instructions but no luck so far.

I've also tried 3 different HDMI cables stating they should be good for arc connections but also no luck. I've ordered a couple of high speed HDMI cables from Amazon in the hope that it will do the trick.

Has someone gotten any experience in how to troubleshoot and resolve the issue?
Don't know if you sorted this but:

1. Make sure the hdmi lead is connected to the earc hdmi port on the TV. HDMI 2 on my LG C8.
2. Connect the other end to whichever input you want to use on the 740. Sorry obvious I know.
3. On the 740 assign an input to use with eARC. This is done via the web browser interface. For the input set video input to none and audio input to HDMI Audio Return Channel.
4. In the 740 also go to general and set CEC control on.
5. On your TV make sure hdmi cec is enabled.

That should be it for the setup.

When you switch the amp on and select the input you assigned to earc, the tv should detect the amp and pass sound through the amp. Well that's how it works on my C8.

Hope that helps and I hope I did not miss anything.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: LG C1 OLED First Thoughts + JBL Synthesis SDR-35 Review, TV Show & Disc Reviews & more
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom