Earbuds from Bravia?

kernal99

Novice Member
Reaction score
Sony BraviaKDL-52V4100
Can anyone tell me how to get bluetooth audio output to my T15 wireless earbuds. I had to give up on my receiver because it doesn't have any audio output.
I tried connecting bluetooth transmitters to the tv but they just hum into the earbuds. There must be a way.
Thaks

How did you connect the Bluetooth transmitter to the TV?
What brand/model is your receiver?

Receiver is: Yamaha RX-V379. One transmitter has USB. The other has a minijack which I connected with an adapter to the r/w audio out ports.

A quick Google shows your TV to have an analogue audio out, which is a pretty rare thing TBH. If your BT adapter has an analogue input just connect to the bottom right RCAs

Screenshot_20210329_164727_com.brave.browser.jpg

The text next to the port suggests it can be configured between variable output and fixed output so there must be a section in the menus to configure the port. It may also need enabling there too.

Receiver is: Yamaha RX-V379. One transmitter has USB. The other has a minijack which I connected with an adapter to the r/w audio out ports.
Pointless connecting a Bluetooth transmitter via USB on your TV as you cannot output sound from a TV's USB port.
As @Jamie has kindly pointed out your TV has Audio out RCA Phonos on the connection panel so connect those to the Bluetooth transmitter.

Thanks, I'll try that again. I guess w/both fixed and variable to see which works. My Tronacs transmitter has a usb for power I guess but only a single male mini jack w/ 2 bands. I think I have an adapter to go to the R/W jacks.

You can plug that minijack into the TV's headphone socket which I suspect will be on the side connection panel.

Most Sony TV's have a headphone socket unfortunately your's doesn't.
Apologies, you'll need to use the RCA Phono Audio out on the rear.

Last edited:
Well somewhat success. The problem was (and is) if the Taotronics transmitter is plugged in (USB) for charging it gives a big hum through the earbuds or headset. I'd like to leave it plugged in so it stays charged but it replaces the sound with the hum. Is there a way.
I'm also having trouble getting the volume up - seems a headset with volume control is better than the T15 earbuds on which I can't seem to get volume to work.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom