Eagle Owl (not 56K friendly!)

Yandros

Continuing the owl theme, here are a few from the Leeds Castle falconry display (more of the castle later)

DSC_2322-final-borders-small.jpg

DSC_2307-final-small.jpg

I was surrounded by a group of compact camera users, and the shouts of "NOOO CHANCE!!!" as the birds screamed past was rather amusing.

I flicked to closest subject dynamic AF, continuous focussing, 5fps and 640 ISO, then kept my finger on the shutter and prayed!

Here's part of a sequence of 10 shots, when the eagle owl was sent dive bombing over a line of volunteers. Probably a good thing that the girl in red had her eyes shut! :eek:

DSC_2324-final-small.jpg

DSC_2325-final-small.jpg

DSC_2326-final-small.jpg

DSC_2327-final-small.jpg

DSC_2328-final-small.jpg

DSC_2329-final-small.jpg

D200+18-200VR at 105mm, 640 ISO, f5.6, 1/1500th

Steve N

Distinguished Member
Lovely shots, well done.

lightpainter

Great shots, well panned!

Puli

1 and 7 are the best for me.

Hope you show those people that did say no chance what you got. That would have shut them up!!

I did a load myself a few months ago but not flying as the weather was so bad :(, must do it again as they are great to shoot!

Paul

Tobers

Impressive shots. I need to find a decent bird of prey centre (no camping out in the woods for hours for me!!) and get some shots like this.

Holowlegs

Hi ya

Great shots you caught the owl really well in one:thumbsup:. Look at that girls face in 8 :D

Cheers Holo:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Yandros

Hi ya

Great shots you caught the owl really well in one:thumbsup:. Look at that girls face in 8 :D

Cheers Holo:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Thanks!

Actually the first one is a cheat - it's just one of that flyby sequence, but where the owl was slightly higher. I photoshopped out a couple of kids heads so I didn't have to crop too tightly.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: LG C1 OLED + JBL Synthesis SDR-35 First Thoughts, plus TV Show & Disc Reviews & more
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom