Eagerly awaited HD install Sat 22nd, but time problem.

Discussion in 'Satellite TV, Sky TV & FreeSat' started by Keenwatcher, Sep 13, 2007.

1. Keenwatcher

Keenwatcher
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    I read these forum (much thanks to ALL contributors) took the plunge, bought new TV, re-arrangement of lounge gathers speed, have installation date,,,,,, for a Saturday, hooray hooray ! happiness abounds ;

BUT,:eek:

I probably can't be at home untill 10.30am (really can't!)
    Sky ask people to be ready from 8.00 or 9.00, then engineer phones with ETA, he/she wont be pleased if I am first job and I then spring suprise.
    Yes, I have thought of housesitter/responsible adult etc, but unable to do that.

Very tempted to phone Sky and test their flexibility and loving customer care but I am terrified of losing the install date.
    Has anyone any experience of this and are there any "suggestions" ?:rolleyes:

2. Keenwatcher

Keenwatcher
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Comes to something when you have to reply to your own post,
    Still it was beautifully written though.

Update for anyone who ever has this predicament, I went route one, just phoned Sky, explained, sorry and all that, they simply phoned the engineers and gave instructions for after 11.00am, eazy peezy.:clap:

The reason for the anxiety on my part is that for Saturday installs they wont agree am or pm like the rest of the week and I have had my tongue hanging out for this kit for too long for this to go wrong at the last minute.

I just hope it works.:)

3. Calply

Calply
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Had my HD box installed yesterday, no probs very smooth.