1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

EAD DSP 7000III and T-1000 Outdated?

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi Stereo Systems & Separates' started by rabrown, Sep 2, 2005.

1. rabrown

rabrown

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    I have been out of the audio hobby for many years. I am now looking at the various pieces of equipment in my system and trying to decide whether I can reduce the number of units without sacrificing (and perhaps with improving) sound quality. I would appreciate anyone's thoughts on the following:

1) I have an EAD DSP 7000III and T-1000 transport (about 8-10 years old). I believe the 7000 unit has Burr-Brown 20 bit DAC's. Should I expect to get the same or better quality by getting rid of one or both of these units and replacing them with a decent univeral player or will the DSP still add value.

2) How much of a difference does the CD transport make once one starts using a separate DSP/DAC? For example, would one expect a significant difference in sound using a 7 year old dvd player with a DSP compared with using a recently produced model.

Thanks in advance for any comments or explanations.

Richard