Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

EA700, do you need a scaler? And, best price?

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by Scotty Boy, Oct 14, 2004.

1. Scotty Boy

Scotty Boy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    I'm setting up my home cinema finally, i've done alot of research on here and other places. And you guys have been so helpful. I'm now trying to way up the pros and cons of a projector, and I think the AE700 is the way forward.

I know it will do 720p and 1080i, but would I need a scaler or something to get this? I currently have a beast of an Onkyo THX DVD player, but will probably change that for a Denon 2910 to match my receiver.

Am i going to get breathtaking picture quality? Or do I need additional equipment? I'm not too sure what a scaler is to be honest, but i've heard it around and someone has said I might need one.

I would be running a componant lead to my projector, from my amp for componant switching.

Also, are there any good prices around at the minute for a AE700, with possibly a screen aswell? Bonus if there's a bundle, but I wouldn't mind paying a little bit more for a bigger screen.

Thanks guys. Point me in the right direction and help me out and i'll greatly appreciate it.

2. JonMace

JonMace

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +210
    There is a scaler built into the PJ, but if you are gonig to get the Denon 2910 you may be better using the players scaler and running HDMI

3. phillfyspoon

phillfyspoon
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +76
    run off hdmi from a decent player or get a htpc for the job.