EA sports and other titles online PS2 only please

Discussion in 'Playstation Forums' started by nero0410, Oct 14, 2004.

1. nero0410

nero0410
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,646
    Hi,

I have recently purchased burnout 3 and tigerwoods 2005 for the playstation 2. On the back of the packageing for both of these titles it states:

"Network capabilities may be subject to change, withdrawral and charge for use."

However it doesnt state this on the rear of need for speed underground.

I have spoken to sony before I even got my network adapter and they have said that they will never charge for their online service, however some publishers may ask for subsriiption charges in the future.

I gather that these online fees would be for mmorpg's, but I wouldnt have thought they would charge for stremeline games like racing, golf, football etc...

Does anyone know if EA themselves are gonna start to charge for playing their games online in the future?, console games that is (or if they are already charging people to play online?) I have not managed to contact EA to aquire this information.

I think that if you pay £30 odd a month for your broadband service and then £30-40 for each online game title, that they would just be taking the mick by chargeing you a fee to play their games online.

If anyone knows of any charges for using any non-mmorpg's online for the playstation 2 or XBOX EA or non EA titles please could you post the information that you have found here so that no-one ends up buying a game that they have to pay to play online as that is a silly idea. I personally will stop playing online games when and if the companies decide to start charging to play online. I beleive that paying for your connection to your isp and then buying the game is enough.

If you got this far then thanks for listening and i think by this time you may feel the same as me, I look forward to your replies

tris

2. Throttle

Throttle

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +108
    I "Think" that Ea might drop the online function on there games when a new version has been out for a few months etc: ...Thats what im guessing they might do and as for charges on Ea that might be for updates on xbox DLC :rolleyes: