EA shuns X-Box live...again! with Burnout 3

CAS FAN

Outstanding Member
Reaction score
http://www.computerandvideogames.co...computerandvideogames.com/news/news_story.php(que)id=101202

This is a bit of an interesting development. I didn't know there were problems between M$ and EA regarding online gaming. Does anyone know any more on this? This could be a big factor in who becomes the most successful in the online console gaming battle such is the sheer size of EA. I guess when it comes to software developers EA have more influence over the market than any other company.

The rumours i heard was that EA wouldnt keep game servers open once a sequel comes out eg fifa 2004 servers would stop working as soon as fifa 2005 comes out. MS have said they wanted servers to remain open until the end of xbox live. Basically MS are doing the right thing and EA are just money grabbing s**ts.
As i only buy xbox live games EA are just loosing out on my money and considering the crap they do curn out they can keep there games

Burnout 2 is a good arcade racer with some nice original aspects such as the money/crash multiplier. Not a shade on PGR2 though.

Yeah Burnout 2 was a decent game and I bought it. There are better games out there though such as PGR2 and NFSU. I must say though the graphics for Burnout 3 are looking very tasty with some great damage effects considering the quality of the graphics!

love burnout 1 and 2. pure gameplay. no fuss, no tuning, no kudos... pure racing. and my my is is quick and gets the blood pumping.

i was a bit annoyed at EAs take over of the burnout series at first. but from the shots it looks like they have paid to have real cars in the game... which was really the only thing missing from the first 2.

Yeah I only have Burnout 2, which is a good game and is class for a quick fix...hmmm not played it for a while, must have a game. I love the crash mode where you have to get as much damage as possible. Things like that are a breath of fresh air in an often tired genre.

I am annoyed with the xbox live thing, but didnt ea sign a deal with sony for all online games for the ps2 only? anyway, the burnout games did well on the gamecube but it is scrapped for part 3, why? ea just acting like sheep, i.e. following other developers. pah

Don't worry about EA mate they are ****!

It all comes down to business i'm affraid. EA unfortunately are developing a kind of monopoly of the games software sector. I do lot like the company as they tend to rip off gamers with money spinning annual updates offering little more than the last one. The thing is though, the developers they now have are producing some great software and just as anything in life it becomes a matter of whether we decide to cut off our noses to spite our faces. SSX3, Tiger Woods 2004, NFSU and Medal of Honor are all 1st rate titles where you struggle to find better available in their genres. With the aquisition of the Burnout series it just adds another arrow to their bow. Wouldn't supprise me at all if we see PGR3 with an EA badge on the cover. Which ever console manufacturer get's EA on side will be the most successful.

Obviously with financial success you get stability and a console that can last. This means that you will also get the other developers leaning towards that console with many of the less mainstream titles also coming out on it.

EA aren't the sheep, they are the company that really defines the way that the rest of the software developers go. Unfortunately they are that big. Being huge brings resentment (as has been seen with M$ and windows etc) but inevitably it also means that the vast majority of people will just say sod it and go along with it. Although most people hate M$, most PC users still use windows (not linux). Although most of us hate EA, we still buy their games as they are invariably good.

Yeah, EA puts out a game every year, regardless. I can't remember the last time I played an EA game, let alone bought one.

Their best is definitely behind them; at least as far as sports titles are concerned.

Apart from SSX, which is good but very flawed in places, I don't think they've made a good game in years.

They've published some good stuff though

Yes, agreed. I wasn't meaning games that they made as a development house, more games that they published under the EA banner.

I am probably in the minority, but I loved SSX tricky, but think ssx 3 is rubbish. I much prefer amped 2, its great online!

Yeah Tricky was good but I love SSX3, online races on that are class.

Heh, well whatever the case i jus hope that they include a saveable replay option in it this time! It was in BO1 but taken out in BO2 (strange that, as the crash mode was so popular, you'd of thought they'd give u option to save ur best/highest score replays!).

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom