1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

E95 Recording & playing while dubbing

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by sdh500, Mar 18, 2005.

1. sdh500

sdh500

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi, I am currently dubbing The Last Temptation of Christ from HD to DVD-R. I have removed the adverts but it is still a very long film and I have no desire to watch it now - but it seems I have no choice! In the manual p.39 it says you can record and play using the HDD during high speed dubbing but no mention of what you can do during normal speed dubbing.

Does this mean that during normal speed dubbing on the E95 we do not have access to the HD at all? :(

Thanks

2. eternaldark

eternaldark

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +62
    Yeah just noticed that myself, I have done some high speed dubbing and though it was good that you could still watch tv or HDD while doing it, but bit of a bugger that you cannot while doing a normal speed dub, have to limit dubs to overnight. Still its a fantastic recorder and well chuffed with it

3. sheridan2000

sheridan2000

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    i am only assuming here but if you are standard dubbing then you must be altering the quality/bitrate to fit on to a dvd-r. thus the amount of use on the hard drive is twice as much as it will convert the video store it back on the drive then burn on to dvd. this its actually using the hd twice to read from then write back to. Therefore it can not used the hd the third time. i am no expert in this field and this is only an educated guess, but it seems to make sence!!

what do ya think

sheridan

4. sdh500

sdh500

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yes, when you put it like that I'm probably asking for the impossible! Still love this machine though - and since I have a Pace Twin I am still able to watch TV through the TV2 Scart channel, so I'm not 100% restricted to watching the recording after all.

Thanks for the replies.