1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

E95 passthrough puzzler

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by bk8, Feb 11, 2005.

1. bk8

bk8
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Here's an interesting one.

I've got an original black Pace SKY box, a Sony FD1 TV and an E95. I have the E95 setup to passthrough RGB. Connections are as follows:

SKY TV ---> E95 AV2
    E95 ---> TV AV1

SKY VCR ---> TV AV2 (for watching while dubbing on E95)

I noticed that when SKY is in STANDBY but the E95 and TV left on I can hear Channel 5 sound clearly and the picture is not purely black but flickering greyish as if there is some signal.

When I completely unplug SKY then there is no more sound and no more signal.

I think this didn't happen when I first got the E95 and only just started recently but I can't be sure doh.

It's not affecting anything and everything seems to work fine but it's bugging me now. Any ideas?

Thinking about it more it seems it started when I connected SKY VCR to TV AV2 composite which I did last week. Could it be something with the TV passing some signal back to SKY? There are some AV settings on the TV but I never really understood them and subsequently never touched them.

2. bk8

bk8
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Well it turned out it was the TV settings. Something to do with AV2 output from the TV. Still don't understand it but just ignore this post sorry.