Question E90 Alpine HiFi Retrofit

Reaction score
Hi, long story short I had enough of BMW's terrible base stereo system in my car and decided to do some research on what systems would best fit my car while keeping everything as OEM as possible and the Alpine Hi Fi kit (part number 65412163268) had a lot of positive reviews so i went straight to BMW and ordered the kit today, should be collecting it tomorrow morning.

Now that's out of the way, i now need someone that can fit it in for me and also code it to my car as i understand some coding will need to be done to get remove the preset EQ settings for the base speakers.

Car is a 07 E90 M sport model with the Cic iDrive system
or if anyone can point me in the right direction i would appreciate it, i'm in London/Kent

I would have a go yourself, it really is very easy to do.
Takes no more than an hour or so.

Try www.e90post.com for a list of locals who can code your radio to hifi for you.

I would have a go yourself, it really is very easy to do.
Takes no more than an hour or so.

Try www.e90post.com for a list of locals who can code your radio to hifi for you.
Hi, i managed to get it fitted and coded, honestly haven't looked back since i'm very very impressed with ththe upgrade. thanks for the input though i do appreciate it

I’m just about to do this on my 08 car did you have to splice any wires to do this install at all?

I’m just about to do this on my 08 car did you have to splice any wires to do this install at all?

no wires sliced at all
if you got the full hi fi kit it will have all the wires you need, pretty much plug & play

Oh wow thanks for coming back to me your thread was a few years old so wasn’t sure if I’d get a response!! Thank you!!

My car is a 2008 E90 Saloon and has the base audio! Looking through the installation documents, LCI cars are just plug and play with connectors but cars like mine have the x9387 and x9388 connectors which need splitting and crimping and this bit is a little confusing to me! I suspect it won’t be to hard when it comes to doing it! Just trying to read up and prepare as much as possible before I begin the installation!

Oh wow thanks for coming back to me your thread was a few years old so wasn’t sure if I’d get a response!! Thank you!!

My car is a 2008 E90 Saloon and has the base audio! Looking through the installation documents, LCI cars are just plug and play with connectors but cars like mine have the x9387 and x9388 connectors which need splitting and crimping and this bit is a little confusing to me! I suspect it won’t be to hard when it comes to doing it! Just trying to read up and prepare as much as possible before I begin the installation!

you’re welcome mate.

the car i had it done on was a 07 pre LCI saloon, i’m 100% sure the guys that did the install didn’t split anything. where did you get your kit from if you don’t mind me asking ?

I would have been happy to do it myself but the only issue was coding as I had an iDrive system in it which was cic and required coding for the full system to work as i didn’t have tweeters priors to the install.

let me know how it goes please as honestly for me coming from base like yourself the sound difference was immense.

you’re welcome mate.

the car i had it done on was a 07 pre LCI saloon, i’m 100% sure the guys that did the install didn’t split anything. where did you get your kit from if you don’t mind me asking ?

I would have been happy to do it myself but the only issue was coding as I had an iDrive system in it which was cic and required coding for the full system to work as i didn’t have tweeters priors to the install.

let me know how it goes please as honestly for me coming from base like yourself the sound difference was immense.

I got my kit from eBay it came up a few days ago used and removed from an existing car and paid £200 for it. I have been trying to source one from a dealer since February but they are no longer manufactured or sold even from BMW Germany. Enquired through almost every dealer in Europe and no one has them not even the 3rd party online sellers etc.... Very disheartening and a few months ago found an incomplete kit for sale and hesitated and it sold quickly! Then another complete kit came up and missed out on that one too so this time i just made sure i was quick. The only complete brand new kit i found was in the USA for £600 on eBay!!!!!

I already have the HK Logic 7 tweeters and drivers in my front doors, as well as the Logic 7 HK subwoofers under my seats and it improved my base audio a lot so hopefully this will give it the extra kick it needs to sound even better!

There will defo be splicing required just a shame i couldn't find any detailed pictures or videos. I will try take some pictures or a video of mine if i manage to find them and do it!

the LCI cars are better as the connectors from the Alpine kit plug into existing connectors and no crimping is required!

The kit should arrive tomorrow so i will see what the weather is like and look to install it this week fingers crossed! I am not big on doing car DIY but getting more and more confident with time and practice!

you’re welcome mate.

So all installed and went well last week! Had to splice the joined wires under the seat and trace and label the wire from the head unit, to the side door speaker, and the subwoofer!

after I figured all that out I realised I could have just run speaker cable to the back and installed a traditional amplifier instead!!!
At least if the Alpine dies ever I have the option to do this now!

All installed the Alpine sounds good packs decent bass and punch and for the £200 I am not disappointed at all big improvement over the stock system for sure so very happy!

yes it could be even better but for the money I’ve spent I’m very happy!

So all installed and went well last week! Had to splice the joined wires under the seat and trace and label the wire from the head unit, to the side door speaker, and the subwoofer!

after I figured all that out I realised I could have just run speaker cable to the back and installed a traditional amplifier instead!!!
At least if the Alpine dies ever I have the option to do this now!

All installed the Alpine sounds good packs decent bass and punch and for the £200 I am not disappointed at all big improvement over the stock system for sure so very happy!

yes it could be even better but for the money I’ve spent I’m very happy!

i didn’t realise you only paid £200 for the kit !
bargain !!!

definitely worth it for the buck you paid. I paid £400+\- just for the kit and i was overly impressed. I doubt you’ll blow the alpine amp with the standard head unit lol it can handle a lot more than that so i’m sure you’ll be fine

well done to you for completing it yourself

The latest video from AVForums

Is Home Theater DEAD in 2024?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom