E85 Transfer Problems, Help Please !!!

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by mmrb, Nov 7, 2004.

1. mmrb

mmrb
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I currently have some footage of a concert on the E85 HDD of 2 1/2hrs in length. I want to back it up to dvd r, but because of the size when setting up the settings it will only fit on if done in sp mode. The problem with this is that there is a big loss in picture quality and the dvd -r will not finalize. (which I have since found out can happen if the quality is to low.)
    Is there an other way round this.
    Also if I try to transfer this to pc HDD, using S-Video and LR cables directly between each other, the concert plays with no problems if played on the E85 and watched on the pc, but when the recording is watched on the pc there is a stutter in places on the sound although the video quality is OK. I can get the sound quality back if when recording I drop the recording quality from dvd to vcr but then the picture quality is lost.
    Has anybody any ideas or solutions please, re this situation.

2. ben223

ben223

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Could you not use FR set at 2hrs 30mins and then dub to dvd-r? Alternatively, divide the title and dub to 2 discs.

3. mmrb

mmrb
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I agree with dubbing to 2 disc`s as a way round the prob, and re the FR mode method, would this result in any loss of picture quality.

4. OARDVD

OARDVD
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yes, because you're re-encoding.

If you want the best picture quality you need to record on the HDD using FR mode. You need to make sure that the DVD compatible mode setting is switched to <On> BEFORE you record. You can then High Speed dub to DVD-R with no loss in quality. The fact that you originally recorded to HDD using FR means that you know that it will fit on to the DVD.

If you have a lot of editing to do (where the amount you delete forms a high percentage of the whole video) then you may be better off recording to HDD in the highest mode (XP), then edit, then real-time dub to DVD-R using FR mode.