E65 on 3 with x-series

Discussion in 'Mobile Phones Forum' started by coffee break, Apr 29, 2007.

1. coffee break

coffee break

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +14
    Hi all

Has anybody tried this combination? If so, I have a few questions....

Firstly, email. I know 3 uses it's own software on it's phones so do you know whether I can check my pop3 email account?

Next, web access. I've seen a N95 running on T-mobile web and walk and it was stunning. Extremely quick access to all web pages etc. Trying to surf the web on my V3x is a waste of time, it's so slow and it's not really the web. What's the E65 like, are most pages available etc etc..

And finally, slingbox. Has anybody tried streaming video to you mobile? Is it quick enough and watchable? I'm asking this because it takes 30seconds to load the 3 home page on my V3x, so I can't image streaming video. I'm guessing the E65 must be a different animal.....

Thanks in advance
    Simon

2. SatDude

SatDude

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +39
    Mate I haven't got an E65 but i have an N73 with the X-Series and it shouldn't be that different....

Email -> Yes you can receive your pop3 email on the email application.
    Web Access -> Fast and easy to use.
    Sligbox -> Haven't got one.

I had a nokia 6280 before and it was ok but the N73 travels at a different speed!

3. williemaykit

williemaykit

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +163
    I have the X-Series on my Treo 750 (Windows Mobile 5) and the speed is pretty decent. Rendering of web pages is pretty good though graphic intensive pages could take up to a 10 seconds to load. Email is pretty responsive, being delivered almost immediately.

If the browser on the E65 is similar to the one on the N91 and E61, then there is one great feature. When the page loads, you get a thumbnail view of the page which you can then zoom to any part of the page and see it as its meant to be displayed.

All in all, the X-Series package is good value for money.

4. fundraised

fundraised
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    Hi,
    Just got my E65 on 3 with x- series silver this week & I'm quite impressed.

Web is fast enough. A lot faster when I jump on my home wireless network than when surfing on 3G, but 3G is still very usable.

Most, but not all web pages work. Sites like Google recognize the mobile browser & render accordingly, others you just have to do a lot of scrolling around.

Two minor gripes, which someone may be able to resolve:

1st. With predictive text turned on it's great for text & email but it's impossible to enter web addresses. Any easy solutions for switching text input modes without diving into a few layers of menues?

2nd. Caller ID. Why when I receive a call from someone in my address book does it not show who is calling? It only shows the phone number. I have tried entering numbers in the phone book as 01273 etc and also +44273 it makes no difference. I can't find any reference to this in the manual or the built in help. Any suggestions on how to enable Caller ID or is this the only mobile on the planet that doesn't do it? Surely not!

All help & advice greatfully appreciated. :lease:

5. Autopilot

Autopilot

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,520
    As with all Nokia's. press the # Key to toggle predictive on/off. Hold it down to toggle between alpha/numerical.

Thats really odd, can't help sorry :(