1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

E55 Menu Blackout Hell

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by Fearless, May 10, 2005.

1. Fearless

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    I know this subject had been previously discussed but I wondered if anyone has since found a solution short of screaming at Panasonic.

I tried dumping SKY Sports from Sky+ Box to Maxell DVD-R

After I finalize, all of a sudden the menu (that looked perfect prior to finalising) is blacked out bar a remaining blue strip up top. The thumbnails themselves also balck are only indicated by the yellow 'selection' outline.

This is my second E55 - the first one was replaced by a reluctant Comet under the instruction of a pestered Panasonic (well I had to) - because of the SAME FAULT

I even sent Pany a DVD-R with the menu issue burned in with the first E55...but nine months on they've 'never heard of this issue'. Jokers.

The only thing I can think of is that this problem happened on both machines only after I used TDK DVD-R's then the menu blackout happened on every other brand since.

Help please. I'm beggining to get froth at the mouth.