1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

E55 A/V delay?

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by SLAM-ER, Jan 10, 2005.

1. SLAM-ER

SLAM-ER

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    OK, just got a new Panasonic set up, including a AE700 projector, an E55 DVD-Recorder, a SAXR30 amp, plus an Xbox...

The hi-fi shop said I should get a component cable to connect the projector to the DVD Recorder as it gives the clearest picture. I can't fault the picture its awesome.

My set up is:

Xbox, VCR
    (into)
    DVD-RAM
    (into)
    Projector, Amp, Regular TV

If I set the VCR or DVD-RAM to a TV channel and listen to the sound through the amp, it is about 0.5sec delayed than if I put the TV on the same station (bypassing the DVDR).

Now for TV or DVD playback this is not a problem at all as the delay is for both the sound and picture and is all in sync as it should be....

However, this causes MAJOR sufferring when it comes to the Xbox console. Try playing a game (say car racing) and u turn left on the controller, but the sound/picture doesn't respond for 0.5secs, now u have been turning left for about 1sec waiting for something to happen, and in reality you already drove off a cliff, you just havent seen or heard it happen yet... :(

I cannot find anywhere in the manual or online that has any mention of this delay, or a way to disable it. I think the delay is the DVDR converting the analogue to digital in order to record it, or maybe something to do with time-slip, however it happens all the time even when not recording, etc.

I could put the xbox directly into the projector but then we get no sound as the projector and the amp are on different sides of the room, besides I want a permenant (tidy) solution.

Does anyone have any suggestions?, we were gonna take the E55 back for a refund but the packaging has already been discarded (doh).

If it matters, we're in New Zealand (PAL).
    Thanks, Matthew

2. SLAM-ER

SLAM-ER

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Anyone?

It kinda sucks I cant play the xbox on the big screen as the DVD-Recorder is delayed... :/

3. Rasczak

Rasczak
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,203
    Turn progressive scan off and see if it's still an issue.