1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

E50 & S-vhs

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by waterboy, Dec 19, 2003.

1. waterboy

waterboy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

I've been using my E50 recently to archive some VHS tapes to DVD. I'm perfectly happy with the results. However, I have some old S-VHS tapes which I'd also like to copy onto DVD.

I have a problem with this. My S-VHS VCR is connected to the E50 using the AV3 input terminals, using an S-Video lead. I'm monitoring the E50 on my Panasonic TX-29 TV using an RGB scart connection. Playing any S-VHS tapes through this set up results in a lousy picture, with what I can only describe as horizontal lines showing clearly. If I disconnect the leads from AV3 of the E50 and connect them directly into the same sockets on the TV the picture is fine.

I may be missing some setting somewhere. Any ideas please?

2. skiller

skiller
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    What have you got the E50's AV1 output set to? You mention you are connecting it to the TV with an "RGB scart". Does this mean you have it set to RGB then?

Try changing it to S-Video.

3. waterboy

waterboy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi. Thanks for the reply. Tried that but I'd have to change sockets on the TV for S-Video and I'm using a switcher etc etc. I've just done what I should have done before I posted - I've recorded some clips from S-VHS and although the picture's rubbish when monitoring the input from the VCR, the results once recorded to DVD are just fine. :D