1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

E50 Problems

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by andip1967, Jan 7, 2004.

1. andip1967

andip1967
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Got the E50 Before Christmas from Richers, brilliant machine however, put a disc in yesterday and it wont let me eject the thing, tried powering down and then it recover but it still does has same problem. Can anybody help or am I returning it to Richers??

2. dude1971

dude1971

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    If a power down doesn't help, call RS. Don't think I've seen a reset button anyway round the back of mine :-(

3. kenfowler3966

kenfowler3966

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +14
    Go here for a thread about this common problem related to duff media and how to solve on a similar hs2, you may have to search to find it.
    The machine is not faulty but has to read the disc before it can respond to the eject command, which is daft. Some have had to resort to opening the machine to access the drive and remove the disc manually, and this is another good reason not to use doubtful media

http://www.thewholewideweb.com/forum/default.asp

4. numskull

numskull

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I don't think you can access the disc from opening the unit - the drive unit is sealed, not like a standard DVD Player drive. I only know this because I opened a new batch of blank DVD's that had the opaque plastic support ring on the top of the first DVD and this was swallowed into the drive along with the DVD!!!:rolleyes:
    So I opened up the unit and found the drive to be inside a sealed box so I had to hold the unit "drive-down" and shake it whilst holding the door open on the front to get it out. Thankfully, it fell-out without too much of a problem. I think your only answer is back to RS mate.

Just as a matter of interest, what media were you feeding the E50??

5. carl310166

carl310166

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    when my E50 did this,if i could switch the machine off (it would sometimes take several mins if there was duff media in there) the clock would come up on the display,when this happens,press the open button,the tray SHOULD open when it powers up and tries to read the disc,well,it did in my case....and i went through this process 20 times in a row,this was to test a batch of 25 discs i had bought....good luck

6. andip1967

andip1967
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the help people, have managed to get disc out and unit seems to be working properly, used the 10 sec switch off stand by as it give you in the manual, as a matter of interest I am using Datawrite 4X Yellow, they have been working fine. Any recommendations on what to use otherwise would be appreciated.

7. numskull

numskull

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Well, I've been using ONE blank DVD-R's from here - they work out to 60p each inc P+P. No coasters / problems so far.... burnt about 35 of them:)

8. malcom

malcom

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Just befor Xmas i had a Mirror brand RAM disc that would not come out. The machine locked up while I was editing and I had to send it into recovery mode. The problem was though it would not come out of recovery mode and the disc remained well and truly stuck there.

Powering down or any of the usual solutions did not work. I eventually took off the top of the machine as I had read that someone did this to get at the dicc. Not true as someone said the unit is sealed.

I put it all back together and still it would not come out of recovery mode let alone eject the disc. Thinking I would have to have it looked at by an engineer out of desperation while repeatedly pressing the eject button I also pulled gently on the front flap and by luck or otherwise the tray opened.

I love the Panny format no doubt but this is a bad weakness of their design. My machine is out of warranty but I did decide to gamble on an extended warranty. I am now glad I have done so.....

9. kenfowler3966

kenfowler3966

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +14
    I doubt removing a stuck disc would be covered by the warranty unless it was a faulty panasonic as recommended by the manufacturer!

10. malcom

malcom

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    I don't agree. The disc was not faulty. The disc now functions normally in both my E20 and the E30 in which it was stuck. The machine is supposed to eject discs. It failed to do what the manufacturers intended it to do. If a product does not do what it is designed to do then the machine has developed a fault and should be covered by the warranty. Controversial :D

Ever had a cassette player fail to eject. I have and guess what. it's covered by the warranty. Fault on the machine temporary or otherwise.