1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

E50 problem

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by Ged, Sep 2, 2003.

1. Ged

Ged

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +17
    Only had this unit for 3 weeks and I am having dvd playback problem and need some help. I had recorded a footy match, gone to play it back and had "sparklies" like poor analogue satelite, prerecorded disc and the screen saver showed the same, it eventually cleared and I left it at that, assuming it was a one off.
    It has been sat "ON" but inactive for 2 hours, went to play a disc and it's happened again!
    Fortunately managed to take some digital photos of the screen saver!
    It will be going back tomorrow AM, so has this happened to anyone else and what are my rights to a straight swap after 3 weeks of little use?
    All help wellcome, I thought my 890 was supposed to be first to expire:(
    Ged

2. PhilipL

PhilipL

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +421
    Hi

It sounds like some form of connection problem, maybe a bad lead or earthing problem.

You do not say how you are connecting everything up. If you have a lot of equipment, try disconnecting everything, so that all that is connected is the DVD Recorder to the TV. Play a disc and see what happens then, if this is okay, start to reconnect testing after every new connection.

Regards

Philip

3. Ged

Ged

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +17
    Philip, thanks for the reply, all is well until it seems the passage of a few hours.When the problem happens the tv output stage works ok, only dvd playback and the screen saver are affected and as mentioned this eventually clears without any cable fiddling.
    Oh well, I hope it doesn't do the "no fault found" debacle my car did until they eventually found a faulty computer on the auto box.
    When I spoke to the shop after the first incident they asked if it was MR, could this be a factor ?
    I may ask to pay to upgrade to an HS2 which probably will suit me for more editing features.

4. Ged

Ged

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +17
    Just handed it over for repair:( I thought it would out live my 890, not a happy bunny.
    :) :) No fault found but given a new unit, now happy !