1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

E50 price rise

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by shaqH, Nov 17, 2003.

1. shaqH

shaqH

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi all,is it me or is the price of the panny E50 going up?Are they about to stop production,i was waiting till new year for best price but a little worried now.Anyone know whats going on?Thanks inadvance.

2. Rasczak

Rasczak
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,258
    It's the run up to Christmas - the best bargains won't be got until the New Year Sales now. The E50 still has another 5 months in production.

3. gringottsdirect

gringottsdirect

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    Allegedly Panasonic stores have been given priority with stock allocation, Shop@Panasonic outlets are promoting package deals with Panasonic plasmas and crts using DMRE50s.
    Recently went shopping with a neighbour ( she ended up with a JVC DM-R1 ), a few shops said Panasonic have a component supply problem which has halted DMRE50 production until the new year, when it will probably be replaced anyway.
    However the woman in Shop@Panasonic said they had " loads " because they were given first chance, which is why they are advertising them as " free " with package deals.
    Probably all just nonsense. :rolleyes:

4. bonzobanana

bonzobanana

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +218
    I notice www.amazon.com are doing it for $450 so the uk price of as low as £230 is very good indeed compared to the states. I know its a favourable exchange rate at the moment and amazon may not be the cheapest source but at the very least its a very competitive price in the uk. Considering a lot of AV electronics are sold in the states in dollars for what we have to pay in pounds this looks to be very fair to us especially when VAT is taken into consideration. It certainly doesn't appear to be a model that is prone to problems and therefore sold at a loss just to shift them as it seems to have an excellent reputation for reliability and performance.

5. shaqH

shaqH

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I cant find it for less than £250 now bonzo.

6. john hannam

john hannam
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Have just brought a E50 from Shop @ Panasonic in Lincoln for £250 and it is a wonderful machine.:clap: