E50 Connection problems

seymourtitty

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi all

Muppet alert, many apologies!!!

I've just bought the Panasonic DMR-E50 and am so far very pleased with the results.

I have a very basic set of external appliances - a Philips TV, an NTL set-top box, and now the Panny E-50.

However, although recording through the TV is fine, when I try to record any programs through my NTL box, I can only hear sound but I get no picture.

This is probably a boring basic problem but I just wondered if anyone could help me out with this?

My E50 connections so far are:

A Profigold scart lead in my AV1 linking my E50 and the TV
A normal scart linking my NTL box and the E50

So all the 6 scart connections are in place but obviously not in the right order. I was able to record programmes through my NTL box with my old VCR but so far no joy with the E50 yet.

One another thing - I purchased the MR version of the E50..will it be able to play NTSC DVDs as well as PAL DVDs?? I have seen on CD WOW that most Region 1 DVDs are NTSC encoded, will the Panny E50 be able to play these?

Many thanks

MR panny should play NTSC no worrys (none MR should play R2 NTSC [rare] or none region coded NTSC discs)
Have you set ntl to RGB???which ntl scart out are you using and what model box ie Pace 400i series or 2000 series check the label on underside of the STB

Originally posted by hornydragon
MR panny should play NTSC no worrys (none MR should play R2 NTSC [rare] or none region coded NTSC discs)
Have you set ntl to RGB???which ntl scart out are you using and what model box ie Pace 400i series or 2000 series check the label on underside of the STB

I have a 400i series. As far as I'm aware the scart I'm using is a generic one i.e just one of a collection that I have. The only scart I have is the Profigold one...should I switch those over?

Sound but no picture is the E50's way of telling you that it is expecting an RGB signal but is not receiving it.

I presume you have set up the AV Settings on the E50 to accept an RGB signal on the AV2 port.

You will now need to adjust your NTL Set-top box to emit an RGB signal - No idea if it can do this mind you...

If it cannot, you can set the E50 AV Settings to Video (Or S-Video, if the NTL box can do that). However, RGB will give you the best possible recordings...

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom