1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

E50 and Macrovision - VHS 2 DVD-R

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by bigbfan, Jul 25, 2003.

1. bigbfan

bigbfan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +38
    Hi guys again!!

I'm trying to convert and "out of print" VHS movie i got onto DVD-R. But the VHS movie has macrovision enabled on it or somet, because when i try and press record, it says something like unable to record - copy protected.. or somet along the lines.. i know there are plenty of macro busters out there, but which solution wud u recommend!!

2. MartinR

MartinR

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I had the same problem with my E50,however, an ordinary macro
    removal box may not work as some videos also have CGMS put in as well. Your best bet is to visit www.sonel.com they have a scart lead that does the biz for about £20. I have something similar but from ktvision and it works a treat. I hope this is of some help.

3. MartinR

MartinR

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I had the same problem with my E50,however, an ordinary macro
    removal box may not work as some videos also have CGMS put in as well. Your best bet is to visit www.sonel.com they have a scart lead that does the biz for about £20. I have something similar but from ktvision and it works a treat. I hope this is of some help.

4. kenfowler3966

kenfowler3966

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +14
    Whats the situation with sky box office. I have only ever used it once, chicken run for my kids, and it recorded perfectly onto a vcr at the time.
    Would the hs2 record a box office film as there are one or 2 that I wouldn't mind seeing?