E50/55 and Sky+

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by stevem999, Mar 23, 2004.

1. stevem999

stevem999

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Hi there, after some investigation on the forum (thanks Rasczak), I now know that disks recorded in -R format on an E50 (and assume E55) will play on my older Panny player. However I want to connect one of these recorders up to Sky+ as well and seen various peopl;e with problems with RF connections/bleedthrough, inability to watch and record Sky at the same time etc -what is the definitive view on these problems - surmountable? All I want to do is back up stuff from Sky+, use it as a DVD player (not bothered about sound output etc) and occasionally use it to record direct from terrestrial/satellite too - what should I be thinking about? Cheers

2. jem

jem

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    I have Sky+ and an HS2 which is the same as the E50/55 apart from the hard drive.

RF - I have had no problems at all with interference/bleedthrough.

Watch and record Sky at the same time - no problem at all. The only problem that arises is recording terrestial programmes and watching Sky at the same time - then you need an extra connection. I would recommend using the S-Video output from Sky+ into your TV if it's S-Video capable.

Apart from that use the connections mentioned on this forum rather than the recommended connections in the Panasonic manual.