1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

E30 to dvd to video etc etc

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by Machine Head, Nov 18, 2002.

1. Machine Head

Machine Head
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    My Panasonic E30 will be coming soon so I thought I'd ask for come advice on setting up. At the moment I've got 2 videos linked up with Sky digital so that I can switch easily between them on my Sky remote. My DVD player is connected seperately to the tv and surround sound system. Which would be the best way to use/connect everything so that I can record on the E30 from Sky/TV/DVD & video? I've a feeling this could be tricky and I was wondering if a scart switcher like Argos stock would help. Any advice you can give would be appreciated then I'm not going into it blind and getting all flustered when something doesn't work. I'm sure some of you have been there. Cheers.

2. malcom

malcom

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Hi Machine Head. Your set up sounds much the same as mine. You have two videos. I assume one of them will be set aside at least for the initial set up. So all you have to do when your E30 arrives is to directly swap it scart connection for scart connection with one of your videos. Two minutes and you should be up and running. If you intend to retain both your videos connected then perhaps scart switching would be needed.

I started with the E20 plus one of my videos and now I have added the E30. I only have VHS connected for the purpose of copying my tapes to DVD-R. So it is simply connected via AV2 connections. I do have to have the E20 set on AV2 before I can view the picture while the DVD recorder is on. If the DVD recorders are switched off then the VHS switches as per normal.

Once I have completed the VHS copying then for me VHS will be history and disconnected. Having enjoyed the quality of DVD I don't wish any more VHS quality other than what I have allready got archived.

If you run into trouble getting it working let me know and I'll give you a detailed description of how my set up is connected. Good luck. Malcom

3. Machine Head

Machine Head
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Cheers for that bud.....I'll let you know how I go.

4. neekey

neekey
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Malcom, could you please send me a connection diagram for tv, cable box, dvd and temp vcr, as like you I want to ditch the tapes when copied.

Thanks
    Ian

5. malcom

malcom

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    neekey. I don't have a "Cable box" I have an Amstrad digi box from Sky. If my set up is still relavent to your needs let me know and I will post details. Malcom

6. neekey

neekey
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Could you please send me those details to I Morgan
    20 Firtree Close
    Tamworth
    B79 8NL

Thanks for being do helpful, the pace cable box I have is just a scrted output anyway, I have an AV1 input on TV which is RGB, do you know if all scart leads have this pin connected or is it a special buy.

Regards
    Ian

7. malcom

malcom

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Hi neekey. I can post the details here, which is what I meant when I said "post".

The set up comprises:- TV set with 3 scarts. Two recorders and a Sky digi box. Plus other stuff which is not relavent to your request.

1....Recorder 1 (The workhorse) Connect Scart AV1 (top scart) to the satellite scart marked VCR (Probably the top scart).

2...Connect the satellite TV scart (Lower) to the TV scart (AV1)

3...Connect the lower scart AV2 on the "Workhorse" recorder to the second scart (AV2) on the second recorder.

4...Connect the second recorder scart AV2 (Lower) to the second scart on the TV.

5..Daisy chain the RF cables in the normal manner.

6...You will have to play about with the choice of RGB or "S" video or composite to suit your own needs and equipment capabilities.

8. neekey

neekey
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Excuse my ignorance and thanks a lot, will let you know how it goes
    Ian

9. Machine Head

Machine Head
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    With the help of a scart switcher, I was able to connect my E30, Lecson DVD, Sky digital, 2 videos, macro vision cable and surround sound system so that I can get the maximum out of all. I can copy DVD's, VHS etc with no problems, put my old VHS stuff onto DVD whilst listening to it all thru' my surround sound system. I think the words pig, **** & happy as come to mind.:D

10. malcom

malcom

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Machine Head. So theres nothing you need from father Xmas this year. :D :D

11. Machine Head

Machine Head
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Gillian Anderson in fishnets would be nice but I don't think the wife would be too pleased:rolleyes: