1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

E30 Remote

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by Faust, Jan 19, 2003.

1. Faust

Faust

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +30
    I think the only slight niggle I can find with my Panasonic DMR E30 is the remote control. Does anyone eles find this remote very directional? I sit approx seven feet or eight feet from the E30 which sits on the glass shelf under the Panasonic PL1. I used to think the PL1 was somewhat directional, but the E30 is a real pain. The E30 is not behind any glass doors etc. and has clear line of sight to the remote.

2. kenfowler3966

kenfowler3966

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +14
    Its the same with the HS2 remote, if it is not pointed exactly at the recorder it doesn't work.

The quality also seems a bit low for such an expensive machine, compared, say, to hitachi video remotes which are excellant, well made and work at virtually any angle, even bouncing of walls behind. eg the lower sliding flap is very stiff and doesn't give the impression that it will survive the test of time.

3. Apocalypse

Apocalypse
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I think it's incredible that manufacturers don't all put an "Open/Eject" button on remote control pads, it's quite annoying at times especially if you're lazy like me :)

4. yonderblue

yonderblue

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +12
    I have a E30 and the funny thing about the lack of open/close on the remote is that it does support it, I have Pronto remote and I used open/close I.R. Code from a RV32 and it works fine, Another solution maybe is one of the AllForOne remotes.