1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

E30 recorded ram disks back to DVD-Rs?

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by Mark Bennett, Mar 8, 2003.

1. Mark Bennett

Mark Bennett

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi

While I like the editing with the RAM disks, I'd ultimately like to dump their contents back to a DVD-R disk.

My Mico 890a won't play the RAM disks so I can't feed them back.

Any suggestions?

Mark

2. Fuel Crusher

Fuel Crusher
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Mark,
    There are a few ways.
    I do it with my RA-82 player which plays ram discs. This player gets alot of stick because when it plays back edit points on a ram disc there is a slight pause. Now there is a slight pause but if you're careful with your edit points, have them at fade to black or program logo screens then it is unnoticable. This option will cost you around £185.
    The other option is to buy another recorder so you get seamless playback of edit points, expensive option at the moment but once the E-50 has been out for a couple of months expect the price to fall to £250 ish.
    Or the PC route. You'll need a dvd-rom that'll read ram discs, my toshiba 1612 does this or a pc ram drive. I picked up a panny dvd-ram/r drive for just over a hundred quid a while back second hand and with panasonic releasing their multi-drive expect the older ram/r drives to fall in price. You would also need the software, Ulead products work with .vro files but struggle with edited programs, mainly lipsynch issues, so it would be best to copy to your pc the unedited program and edit and author using the pc, very long winded option.
    Finaly wait for panny's new range of players to see which ones have ram support if they have seamless playback and how much they'll cost. In the states the new X30 has been getting good feedback but it doesn't play ram, this ability starts on the X50.
    I've done it with the RA-82 and had a play the PC route and find the RA route the fastest most simple method.
    Regards
    Paul.

3. ferris57

ferris57
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    I'm not really sure if the pause on edit points on the ra-82 is such an issue. When playing back edit points on the e30 with seamless playback, I lose sound for a second or so. So either way you have to be careful with edit points and make them at fade to black as crusher says. So the ra-82 seems the best option to me as it is currently the cheapest!