1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

E30 Problem with Remote

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by Duvel, Nov 14, 2003.

1. Duvel

Duvel

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    I've had my E30 for just over a year now and it has worked faultlessly till now. However, now whenever I press any button on the remote all I get is "Remote dvd 3" on the front panel display.
    The machine still works from the buttons on the actual player but they are a bit limited as to setting up for different recording modes. It's definately not batteries or it seems the actual remote itself as my Pronto remote brings up exactly the same message.

Anyone else encountered this problem before?

2. kenfowler3966

kenfowler3966

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +14
    There must be an option to have several panasonics working together, using the same or similar remotes. To do this you code each machine to use a different channel.
    Somehow your remote has been set to dvd 3, whilst the machine is dvd 1 or dvd 2? so doesnt respond apart from indicating the signal received. I used to use 2 Hitachi videos that did this. When one was operated the other came up with a similar message on the display.
    Look for the option and reset it

3. malcom

malcom

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Go to page 63 of your manual where it explains how to set your remote for other units.

I believe you have to press "Enter" and "digit 1" both at the same time to reset your remote.

4. Duvel

Duvel

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Thanks very much for the help. Your suggestions have fixed it. I should have read the manual first I suppose:blush:

Any idea as to how it may of got changed? accidental or could it have anything to do with the remote for my panny AE100?

Any way thanks again to both of you for your help, I'm a happy man now:)

5. malcom

malcom

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Probably accidental. I once found that my remote would not work at all on the recorder. The reason being that the little switch had been accidentaly pushed over to the "TV" option. Don't know how I did it. Must have been done while sleep walking.:D