E30 back to Video puzzle

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by Faust, Jan 8, 2004.

1. Faust

Faust

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +55
    Can you answer this one for me. I still have my video in the circuit, Panny t.v. Sky digi box, E30 and Sony video. I was wondering how to record from the E30 back to video for the missus who has a video in her sewing room. I can record from video to E30 but not vice versa. The only plugs left to me are the ones on the back of the E30 Audio/Video output and a socket marked s-video but not I believe SVideo, and a spare scart on the video Line 1. Although there are sockets on the front of the E30 I would not want to use those for aesthetic purposes.

2. Kevo

Kevo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +146
    Assuming your VCR is NOT SVHS...

Simply connect a phono video/audio to SCART lead from the E30 to the Sony. Just make sure you get the correct lead.

Best getting one that has phono video (composite)/audio in AND out at one end (6 leads altogether), that way you can use the lead in both directions if you ever need to.

3. Faust

Faust

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +55
    Spooky reply that, as I bumped into a work colleague today with the HS2 who uses that exact connection sequence, and selects AV4. He maintains it works in both directions just fine, so I intend to try it out.

4. Faust

Faust

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +55
    Not sorted I'm afraid - tried a scart to six phono lead, no joy. connected scart into line 1& 2 video scarts but made no difference. All my inputs and outputs are labelled and connected o.k. I can still record up from VHS to E30 but having removed the video scart to Sky scart I then get no picture at all via t.v video channel when selecting input line 2 video which is usual source for Sky. I have tried AV1 2 3 4 on E30 but still get no signal via video Line 2. If I connect the sky scart back in circuit then of course everything is fine. I then tried to use connection Line 1 on video selecting AV1 2 3 or 4 on E30 again, all I get is blue screen via video so again obviously no signal. Any ideas? as I am stumped. Analogue channels are still there via video but they are obviously coming through RF. These phono input outputs seem about as much use as a chocolate fireguard.

5. phelings

phelings
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    See my email for suggestions.Phono plugs and sockets need to be switched over.Phono plugs are not 2 way

6. Faust

Faust

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +55
    I have cracked it - I reversed the connectors round as phelings suggested the in phonos' into outs and vice versa. Can now record both ways i.e. from vcr to E30 and E30 to vcr, as well as from Sky both ways, plus can now select AV2 on tv to watch sky whilst E30 records from analogue. One fly in the ointment though, when I put the E30 into standby or switch it off I can no longer pass a signal from Sky to video. Not sure how to get around that one?