E3 is Here. All announcements and info Here

• Thread starter Deleted member 92943
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think everyone is really trying to out do each other this year, so I think it will be a really good E-3, Sony do need to wow this time round though, they really need that little something special.

I'm sure there are some games they want to keep quite about until tuesday.

regarding the PSP GO slip up..my ar:rolleyes: was that a slip up they really want to take some shine off M$ with them going first and all :devil:

Control layout is like the ps3 v's 360 pad argument, you always get used to these things after a little use, I think it looks really good, the only thing i'm worried about is that Sony may give it a daft price :eek:

Over the weekend, Sony "leaked" the PSP Go and a couple game announcements onto the latest eits own videomag Qore. Those thinking Sony already shot its E3 load, think again says a company PR guy.

Rather, tweets a Sony PR guy. "Pre-E3 annoucements or not! There's still lots of shockers planned for you guys @ E3," Sony Computer Entertainment's Jake Osuwah, "stay tuned..."

Be sure to check back on Tuesday at 11am PDT for our liveblog of the Sony press conference. Wonder what "shockers" Sony has in store...

Kotaku - Sony Still Has Lots of "Shockers" Planned - E3 2009

I'm banking os some killer PS3 announcements now like the video and music stores for Europe and the 3D addition

Aren't i a bank of knowledge today:D

Rumors have been doing the rounds for some time that Sony is working on a PS3 Slim, but so far the company has denied all knowledge of a new SKU.

Today, BBC News adds further credibility to the speculation by commenting on recent rumors that the PS3 Slim will make an appearance at the E3 convention this week.

The BBC writes: "The new PS3 model will be out later this year, BBC News understands," adding, "The new PS3 model will be out later this year, BBC News understands."

Plenty of websites have stepped forward to claim they have inside knowledge that the PS3 Slim exists, but none as big as the BBC. It seems like it's only a matter of time before Sony announces its existence.

BBC reports on PS3 slim -- PlayStation Universe

I'd still be surprised if it's announced tomorrow for a 'Fall' release unless they announce a price drop on the current models then just replace them with the slim near christmas?

3D addition definitely :thumbsup:

Interestingly HDMI 1.4 standards do indeed include 3D support.

HDMI 1.4 Brings Ethernet, 3D, 4K Support To A/V - HotHardware

The 1.4 version of the specification will define common 3D formats and resolutions for HDMI-enabled devices. The specification will standardize the input/output portion of the home 3D system and will specify up to dual-stream 1080p resolution.

Could this be something added by Sony via a firmware update?

^^ It's turning into IGN forums in ere again. D'oh I'm just making it worse!
EDIT: All been deleted now!

Anyway, on topic. As a recent PS3 purchaser (and a recent PSP replacer) I'm gonna be very annoyed by the new console reveals (however many there are/are not).

I'd like to see some more of that white knight chronicles game as the PS3 just doesn't have a decent RPG yet (unless you count Valkyria as an RPG, which it sorta is). Please no more sandbox/FPS titles for a few months! Hopefully Sony have a few surprise exclusives up their sleeve.

I'm dreading the Microsoft one today. Please don't just rip off everyone else and show loads of 3rd party games again. With mentions of the beatles and the 'magic wand' I have a feeling they are going to do exactly that! Roll on Lips 2...

Last edited:
New interface would be nice. Looking forward to prototype and Just cause 2, game trailers have some really good e3 vids of upcoming stuff.

if that's what the psp go's going to look like I have no faith in sony no more, at all.

They seriously need to invest in hardware and software consumers want to purchase, instead of holding onto some pipedream of competing well in the handheld market against nintendo's money printing machine.

Really shocked and disappointed there's no talk of the ps3 slim as that would fly off shelves before xmas and possibly put the brand ahead of microsoft for the first time this gen.

also - please keep this thread devoid of any off topic posts or fanboy nonsense, it's for discussing the announcements made at this years E3.

What if (and I'm not saying this even a possibility) Sony implemented something like 3G into the GO! so you could get games anywhere, anytime. I assume it's going to do something the older PSP's can't/won't do like how Skype works on slims but not on originals. we havnt heard anything about internals yet except HD size.

I like the look of the new PSP so I guess for everyone who doesn't like the new design there may be one who likes is.

What if (and I'm not saying this even a possibility) Sony implemented something like 3G into the GO! so you could get games anywhere, anytime. I assume it's going to do something the older PSP's can't/won't do like how Skype works on slims but not on originals. we havnt heard anything about internals yet except HD size.

I like the look of the new PSP so I guess for everyone who doesn't like the new design there may be one who likes is.

I think if that was a PSP phone (sizewise it's perfect) it would sell an absolute shedload. Imagine a mobile with PSP functionality (playtv remote play etc) :eek:

I think if that was a PSP phone (sizewise it's perfect) it would sell an absolute shedload. Imagine a mobile with PSP functionality (playtv remote play etc) :eek:

Not sure about this. The NGage was pretty much a better GBA with a phone and that died, and phones like the iphone can pretty much do everything else the PSP does (other than PS3 interactivity).

Not sure about this. The NGage was pretty much a better GBA with a phone and that died, and phones like the iphone can pretty much do everything else the PSP does (other than PS3 interactivity).

Ngage was java based IIRC and can't really be compared to an already established platform. IMO it would finally be a device that had everything (obviously assuming it had a half decent camera too). Decent at browsing, movie watching, streaming tv (and some PS3 games), playing games etc. aswell as having full phone capeabilities.

Just having a browse about and it is unlikely it would ever happen anyway.....a shame really.

i think we'll just have to reserve judgement on the PSP Go till tomorrow. Obviously, it's fair bit smaller in size (similar to iphone)

I get the feeling they're trying to entice enough people to buy one and go the download games route but not going full blown in an amazing design, touchscreen ect as they'll want to keep it for PSP2

Really shocked and disappointed there's no talk of the ps3 slim as that would fly off shelves before xmas and possibly put the brand ahead of microsoft for the first time this gen.
But it's not really something you announce at E3, not least because it's supposedly a hardware revision that's not due till the end of the year.

For consoles to "fly off shelves", Sony will surely have to compete on price. Bringing out a slim isn't of itself going to sell consoles. Given that Sony is still trying to break even with the current PS3, how much cheaper can a super slim be? I would think that announcing a price cut will only encourage Microsoft to do the same. We could see a £250 PS3 slim up against a sub-£100 360 (value for money arguments aside!).

Better not be, i wouldn't expect Infinity Ward to be idiots now for such a HUGE release which will bring them so much money in DLC on all formats

Status
Not open for further replies.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom