E3 2017

Sniper Ash6

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
As there isn't any love from @Cha1ky in this area...

E3 2017 will take place from June 13-15, 2017, at the LA Convention Center with pre-Conference press conferences from Saturday 10th.

Official Site: E3 2017

Press Conference Schedule (UK times)

EA - Saturday, June 10 at 8pm
Microsoft - Sunday, June 11 at 10pm
Bethesda - Monday, June 12 at 3am
PC Gaming Show - Monday, June 12 at 6pm
Ubisoft - Monday, June 12 at 9pm
Sony - Tuesday, June 13 at 2am
Nintendo Spotlight* - Tuesday, June 13th at 5pm

* - In line with recent years Nintendo does not do a traditional press conference preferring Nintendo Direct prerecorded videos and Treehouse hosted livestreams.

dbcnpwdvoaacw1seeshd.jpg

Will update as more information is confirmed and add livestream links.

I think age it slowly chpping the excitement of gaming out of me as absolutely nothing I have seen so far in the MS press conference has made think 'I want!', although I did quite like the idea of 'A Way Out' in the cringe worthy EA conference yesterday.

Anthem looked great but then I think we should be cautious about that one.
Forza 7 looked very nice and will be nice to have that on PC.
Dinner very nice looking smaller titles too like Cuphead and An Artful Tale (was that what it was called)

Yes, agree, Anthem 'looked' pretty amazing & tbh as a racing fan I've never played a full Forza title (apart from Horizon 3 and the few cars/tracks of Apex) so not sure what to expect when I have standards set by rF2, AC, & R3E.

42 games shown by Microsoft, that is how you do it (looking at you EA), and the Scorpio is looking pretty impressive for the price ($500).

all i care about so far is - Wolfenstein 2: The New Colossus & Dragonball Fighter Z

Yeah, great to see so many games featured. Does console launch exclusive mean it comes to PC at a later date?

No, it means it releases on xbox and W10 (via the store i guess) at the same time, then a delayed (or not at all) release on PS4

Not read much, so I'm being lazy - but is the X still way off our gaming PCs? Assume it would be?

Care to expand on that? :laugh:

Not read much, so I'm being lazy - but is the X still way off our gaming PCs? Assume it would be?

I believe they are promising sustained 4k @ 30fps / 60fps (title dependent), along with HDR capabilities.

CPU is no great shakes (not substantially changed), the GPU is where the upgrade is. If you stuck the parts in a regular PC it wouldn't be super awesome but obviously they can do all the clever as it's a console. That's what I took from it anyway.

Edit: It also includes a 4K blu-ray player like the S.

Re. the above, not sure if all titles will be native 4k, or whether some will be faux-k like the Pro's checkerboarding. Their Forza demo is native 4K, sustained 60fps and is apparently fantastic.

Xbox 1 X will never compare to a PC as consoles are hardware locked and PC's aren't.

Choo choo the X1X hype train is coming to a store near you ...

Seriously though really looking forward to Battlefront 2 and more instalments to the ESO Morrowind expansion. Maybe Forza 7 could be worth a punt if MS can finally solve hitching in their games.

I think it will be interesting to see if MS translate optimisation over to Games for Windows as their console games are highly optimised where as to date their PC games have been rather poor performers?

Well, first time watching the PC show and its just terrible. No wonder it gets no attention. They say console peasants but this show is literally the scraps of game news!!!

This intel guy is killing me....

Switched it off. Not interested in Battleground and getting an update was the shows biggest news so obviously dragging it out until then with absolute tat.

'You've got to watch the PC gaming show for this mega announce thats going to happen' said no one ever!!!

Yes, agree, Anthem 'looked' pretty amazing & tbh as a racing fan I've never played a full Forza title (apart from Horizon 3 and the few cars/tracks of Apex) so not sure what to expect when I have standards set by rF2, AC, & R3E.
It's a very different type of game, think of it more like Pokémon where the fighting is secondary to the collecting and upgrading. FH3 is probably closer in structure than PC sims, plus they really need to fix the FFB which was flat out broken in Apex.

If you have a 970 or up it will still be equal or better than an X1X at equivalent settings, optimisation does not mean magical power from nowhere and that weak Jaguar CPU will hold it back from 60fps in anything not already there.

From what I understand native 1080p games will all be 4K, anything below will be variable meaning 720p X1 games will likely be 1800p checkerboard. There is also no guarantee it will be supported in every game which is something else to consider.

I'd still get a standalone UHD player over this if it has the same colour reproduction issues as the S though but certainly £449 is a great price for what it is.

FC 5 Looks brilliant!

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom