• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

E3 2017 - 13th-15th June

zt1903

Distinguished Member
E3 2017 will take place from June 13-15, 2017, at the LA Convention Center with pre-Conference press conferences from Saturday 10th.

Official Site: E3 2017

Press Conference Schedule (UK times)

EA - Saturday, June 10 at 8pm
Microsoft - Sunday, June 11 at 10pm
Bethesda - Monday, June 12 at 3am
PC Gaming Show - Monday, June 12 at 6pm
Ubisoft - Monday, June 12 at 9pm
Sony - Tuesday, June 13 at 2am
Nintendo Spotlight* - Tuesday, June 13th at 5pm

* - In line with recent years Nintendo does not do a traditional press conference preferring Nintendo Direct prerecorded videos and Treehouse hosted livestreams.

dbcnpwdvoaacw1seeshd.jpg

Will update as more information is confirmed and add livestream links.

Last edited:

Cha1ky

Distinguished Member
I'll be up watching the Sony conference as usual. Especially just in case they do what they did a few years ago and bang a sly Destiny Alpha in there.

Should be a great one. I'll bang my wants in here next week.

Toasty

Distinguished Member
Bloodborne Sequel I would kill for. Anything announced by From would pique my interest though.

Only just got round to checking out bloodborne, it really is very good. I posted a From Software rumour in the other E3 thread, but I think it may be fluff..

addyb

Distinguished Member
I really need to revisit bloodborne at some point. The dlc is brilliant as well if you haven't got that. I'd love another one though.

I'd also like another division game. I really enjoyed the first one.

FadgewackeR

Distinguished Member
I really need to revisit bloodborne at some point. The dlc is brilliant as well if you haven't got that. I'd love another one though.

I'd also like another division game. I really enjoyed the first one.
I really need to finish Bloodborne... Stuck on that sodding flaming dog in the Dungeons! Still got a massive chunk of the DLC left to go at too. I'm with you though, I'd be all over a new release.

Loved The Division when it released but it seemed to be far too easily glitched and the end game was pretty directionless. Not played any of the DLC at all, so maybe it's a bit better nowadays.

addyb

Distinguished Member
I've yet to try the dlc. I originally played through to end game on the xb1 and then got it for ps4 with the season pass. I'm not too far off end game there so can try the extra content. I agree the end game was bobbins. I think the dlc improves this aspect.

zt1903

Distinguished Member
FROM rumour I saw, via reddit, was for Phantom Wail.

• Ancient Aztec/Mayan/tribal aesthetic.

• Emphasis on hand-to-hand combat techniques and “martial art styles”.

• Traditional melee weapons still in (i.e. clubs), but they won’t have a major focus; weapon-based movesets are gone.

• Instead, players will customize and personalize their hand-to-hand movesets and fighting styles, there is customization for weapon fighting styles as well, however. (This kinda-sorta sounds like Nioh to me, with the weapon skill trees and such, just my personal opinion).

• Is the “Souls-like, dark fantasy, familiar” game Miyazaki mentioned when interviewed about the future of From Software. Armored Core and a “strange for From Software” game were the other 2 mentioned.

• Collaboration between Sony Japan and From Software (it’s the Sony exclusive title).

Last edited:

Cha1ky

Distinguished Member
Really want that God of War to be out this year (watch last years vid to hype it up again earlier). Not heard much at all in the last 12 months. Kojima's game, with some actual gameplay perhaps. Last of Us 2, Days Gone, Horizon DLC, FF7, more Destiny 2 and thats just the already announced stuff!!!!

Man there are so many superb games on the horizon!!

shango

For me i'm interested in seeing more of/announcements of

Bloodborne 2/Phantom Wail (anything from From)
Days Gone
Last of us 2
Code vein
vampyr
Death Stranding
Nex Machina
Matterfall

addyb

Distinguished Member
Really want that God of War to be out this year (watch last years vid to hype it up again earlier). Not heard much at all in the last 12 months. Kojima's game, with some actual gameplay perhaps. Last of Us 2, Days Gone, Horizon DLC, FF7, more Destiny 2 and thats just the already announced stuff!!!!

Man there are so many superb games on the horizon!!

I'd totally forgot about that God of war.

Battle

Distinguished Member
Would love to see something new on Detroit Become Human. Not seen anything on that for a while now.

Nemesis X2

Distinguished Member
Would love to see something new on Detroit Become Human. Not seen anything on that for a while now.

Is that the game from Quantic Dream...?? If so, then agree would like to hear something. Absolutely loved Fahrenheit back in the day and also enjoyed Heavy Rain on PS3. Not played Beyond Two Souls though so will check it out at some point.

Nemesis X2

Distinguished Member
I would just love it if GoW turned out to be a 2017 release.

After it's first showing last year I've always assumed it would be shown more this year in readiness for a Q4 release.

zt1903

Distinguished Member
Summary taken from Neogaf re Sony presentation.

Sony:

Officially announced games:
Days Gone will be at E3 "in a major way".
God of War (there's a giant ad on the building)
Sony hasn't really said anything else officially, so I'll break their announced games into two categories a la Microsoft's listing.
Presumed games:
Here are the games that are releasing soon, presumed to be releasing soon, or have shown explicit signs of being previewed to the press recently
Uncharted: The Lost Legacy
Spider-Man
Detroit: Become Human
Gran Turismo Sport
Maybe, maybe not games:
Horizon DLC: Sony has said there's Horizon DLC coming.
Knack 2: Sony has been known to leave their smaller games out of their E3 press conferences on occasion.
Everybody's Golf: See Knack 2.
Matterfall by Housemarque: See Knack 2.
Dreams: It's still not clear when or if this is releasing.
Death Stranding: It's plausible Kojima decides to wait until he has gameplay to show now that he's completed a world tour with the game. It's also plausible we'll see something anyway.
The Last of Us 2: This strikes me as a 2019 title, so it's probably a bit early, but they did announce it super early anyway.
In theory, Michel Ancel's Wild is still a thing.
Rumored games:
Sony has a new quiz party game called "That's You". You use your phone (and phone camera) in combination with the game. It focuses around doing things with your face and appearance, hence the name.
Additional notes:
Sucker Punch hasn't announced a game in a long time.
Sony has a VR headset that they might announce games for.
Sony has a portable system that hasn't 100% officially been killed yet, but don't hold your breath.
Sony has marketing partnership with Destiny 2, Call of Duty: World War 2, Star Wars: Battlefront 2, Far Cry 5, Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite, and FIFA Soccer 18, and they usually have one with NBA 2K, so any of those could presumably show up on stage.
Take-Two has said that Red Dead Redemption 2 won't be at E3, so don't expect that one despite the marketing deal.
It's always hard to predict what Japanese publishers and developers will do, along with their odds of inclusion in Sony's E3 show, given this has changed dramatically on a year to year basis. The same is true of indie games.

zt1903

Distinguished Member
Everything Sony Told Us About the Future of PlayStation

Sony now says its flagship games platform has sold-through—meaning to buyers and not just stores—close to 60 million units worldwide since its launch in November 2013. That, according to Sony global game development boss Shawn Layden, is the fastest pace set by any PlayStation, life-to-date, including the all-time industry record holder PlayStation 2.

"As you'll recall, last year we performed the daredevil stunt of launching three new pieces of hardware in 60 days. Probably won't do that again," quips Layden during a sit-down with TIME. He's talking about the $399 PlayStation 4 Pro (a souped up PlayStation 4 that outputs way snazzier graphics), PlayStation VR (a $399 virtual reality headset that couples with the PlayStation 4 for wraparound alt-reality experiences) and a slimmer, sleeker $299 version of the baseline PlayStation 4. All three arrived last fall, and Sony says sales have been booming.

PlayStation VR now boasts more than one million units sold worldwide, up from about 900,000 in February 2017. According to Sony, it's been sold out from day one. "We don't see it as a fad, it's a brand new medium, not only for gaming entertainment, but non-gaming entertainment," says Layden. And of every five PlayStation 4s Sony sells, Layden says one is a PlayStation 4 Pro, a laudable achievement given its $100 price premium, enthusiast target demographic and the nascency of the 4K television market (where it's real allure lies).

Layden says the Japanese publishers are also coming back, listing off recent games like Resident Evil 7, Nioh, Nier: Automata, Persona 5 and Final Fantasy XV as examples. "That's super important for us," he says. "I think a lot of Japanese developers lost their way chasing the mobile games yen, if you will, but they're coming back to console in a major way. And speaking of, we'll have some big announcements at E3 in that precise vein."

And recently you may have seen Vince Gilligan, the show runner for Breaking Bad, has leaked some information that we're working together, which we are, in bringing a Breaking Badexperience to virtual reality." What exactly is that going to be? "I have no idea, but Vince has shown that he can deliver," says Layden.

Cha1ky

Distinguished Member
Sure Fallout 4 in VR was happening as well as doom VR, perhaps we might see those as well as other Bethesda games.

zt1903

Distinguished Member
Comment regarding Japanese publishers is interesting as there's been a few persistent rumours on that front.
- Ape Escape
- Shenmue 1 and 2 remaster
- Devil May Cry 5
- Monster Hunter

Other possibilities for being shown, Kingdom Hearts III and the long forgotten Deep Down.

I think Yakuza 7 is known to be in the works too.

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom