E3 2015: Nintendo Conference Reaction

raigraphixs

Outstanding Member
Reaction score
Nintendo to bring back World Championships as part of their E3 plans

Check out the amusing announcement video

Full plans;

Nintendo World Championships 2015
On May 30, select Best Buy locations in major cities around the country will host qualifying tournaments for the Nintendo World Championships, which were last seen in 1990. The winners from each regional event, plus competitors invited by Nintendo, will meet on June 14, at the NOKIA Theatre L.A. LIVE in Los Angeles for a multi-round Nintendo game competition. In the end, one player will be crowned the 2015 Nintendo World Champion. Fans in Los Angeles will have the opportunity to attend the tournament, while others can watch online. More details about the qualifying tournaments will be shared in the coming weeks.

Nintendo Digital Event
Once again Nintendo will deliver its main news via an online video program. The Nintendo Digital Event will start at 9 a.m. Pacific on Tuesday, June 16. Viewers will be treated to detailed information about the various games and experiences Nintendo has in store for its systems.

Nintendo Treehouse: Live @ E3
Nintendo Treehouse: Live @ E3 2015 is ready to bring fans even more in-depth coverage of Nintendo products directly from the show floor. The unscripted action delivered by the gaming experts in the Nintendo Treehouse and various game developers will be live streamed. More information about the specific times will be announced closer to E3.

Nintendo Access: Mario Maker at Best Buy
On two days during the week of E3, participating Best Buy locations will open their doors to let fans try out the upcoming Mario Maker game for the Wii U console. The game lets players have fun with friends as they enjoy playing through levels in a variety of Super Mario Bros. styles. The events will take place 4-9 p.m. local time on Wednesday, June 17, and noon-5 p.m. local time on Saturday, June 20. Attendees will receive a sweet 30th anniversary Super Mario Bros. pin while supplies last.

Last edited:
E3 floor plan, Nintendo on par with Sony

image.jpg

My predictions:

- New trailers and info for Xenoblade X, Yoshi, Devil's Third, Fire Emblem IF, Pokken, Project Guard, Project Giant Robot, and Star Fox U
- Shadows of the Eternals Wii U exclusive
- Monster Hunter 4 HD Ultimate
- New warriors collaboration with Tecmo Koei (Hyrule Warriors 2?)
- New Metroid 2.5d for 3DS
- New Golden Sun from Camelot
- Amiibo cards revealed
- Last wave of Smash Bros Amiibo (ROB, G&W, Falco etc.)
- New set launching alongside Star Fox
- Details on the replacement for Club Nintendo (subscription service for VC)
- VC games playable on mobile through service
- Update allowing two GamePads on one console (new Nintendoland to show off the functionality, and a couple of updates to existing games like MK 8 and Splatoon to support it)
- New hardware revision for Wii U (doesn't require GamePad, much cheaper sku)
- More DLC content shown for MK 8 (proper battle mode), Smash Bros (Lucas, Miiverse stage, tourney modes, retro stages packs, Mii costumes), and Splatoon (new level, extra guns, more Amiibo functionality)
- Animal Crossing for Wii U (HD update of New Leaf, transfer your village across, use Amiibo cards to collect furniture and animal residents)
- SNES Remix for Wii U
- More Wii & DS VC games unveiled and released at the end of the trailer (Last Story, Mario Galaxy, NSMB Wii, Bowser's Inside Story)
- Raft of special offers for existing VC games
- GameCube VC releases announced, coming Winter 2015 (Baten Kaitos, Paper Mario TTYD, Wave Race, Eternal Darkness & Luigi's Mansion among first titles)
- Super Mario 30th Anniversary collection for Wii U (includes all 3D games in HD)
- Special edition Mario Red Wii U
- New Paper Mario Wii U
- New Mario & Luigi for 3DS
- Mario Tennis Wii U
- Mario Strikers Wii U
- Free level pack for NSMB Wii U
- Finishes with either a new trailer for Zelda U or a new Metroid from Retro Studios

*Never Gonna Happen Wishlist*
New game announcements to include Bayo 3, Luigi's Mansion 3, new Sonic collaboration, Battalion Wars 3, Endless Ocean 3, Wave Race, Earthbound 2, Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles HD, massive third-party support...

Last edited:
Great list there. If we get half of that I'll be delighted.

Forget predictions! Try the Nintendo Leaked document randomizer. See attached for some it came up with for me.

http://tane.us/nintendo/

Oddly some could pass as real games, even the bizarre ones.

Other notable mentions go to "Legend of Zelda: Violin of Piano" and "Donkey Kong Country Pakistan". Had to stop in case my suppressed giggles wakes up wife.

Attachments

• 1433720053547.jpg
    1433720053547.jpg
    90.5 KB · Views: 145
  • 1433720068684.jpg
    1433720068684.jpg
    76.4 KB · Views: 152
Last edited:
Daft Ada if we get half that list of stuff then id be very happy. Not sure my wallet will be though.

My wildcard Shenmue 3 Wii U exclusive!!!!!!!!

CONFERENCE SCHEDULE

Bethesda 15th June - 3am GMT

Microsoft 15th June - 5:30pm GMT

EA 15th June - 9pm GMT

Ubisoft 15th June - 11pm GMT

Sony TBA 16th June - 2am GMT

Nintendo 16th June - 5pm GMT

Square Enix 16th June - 6pm GMT

PC Gaming Show 17th June - 1am GMT

Not quite an E3 announcement, but...Hyrule Warriors port for 3DS. Adds Tetra and King of Red Lions to the roster, looks like you can transfer them to the Wii U version too if you buy the 3DS one.

Nintendo Canada have hinted at more collaborations being announced in the coming weeks (E3?) so here's hoping they have a Bayo 2 or Devil's Third type arrangement in the works. If they continue to pick up promising cancelled projects I wonder if that means we will get Shadows of the Eternals for Wii U? Maybe a bit of Shen Mue 3 if they're feeling generous!

WiiU:

Fire Emblem
Mario Golf
Endless Ocean
Excite Truck

Please. That'll do for starters.

Nintendo Championships was a lot of fun this morning.

Super Mario Maker looks great fun which was what they played to win.

The winner was ..
John Numbers
..(if your watching it later)

shigeru miyamoto turned up to present the throphy

Watch the Championship here

Last edited:
It doesn't matter what they announce. It's all a disappointment if Shenmue III isn't for Wii U which looks the case :-(

Microsoft done, Sony done. Now come on Nintendo, no holding back now, let's see you steal E3 2015!

Nothing wrong with hoping ;)

Everyone has had very good conferences so far, getting excited for Nintendo unless they have some new reveals like star fox, Zelda, new DLCs, it could be average.

Not long now !!

Everyone has had very good conferences so far, getting excited for Nintendo unless they have some new reveals like star fox, Zelda, new DLCs, it could be average.

Not long now !!

Star Fox has already been revealed hasn't it?

Star Fox (Nintendo Wii U): Amazon.co.uk: PC & Video Games

Or do you mean showing gameplay?

Wish they weren't having their conference at 5pm. That's when I finish work so won't get home until closer 5:30. Suppose I should catch the second half.

— As an Amazon Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases —

Wish they weren't having their conference at 5pm. That's when I finish work so won't get home until closer 5:30. Suppose I should catch the second half.
It's not on till after midnight here, I want to watch it but I'll just have to check it all out before work tomorrow I guess

Yes thats right we have only seen some early test footage for a few seconds, so a new gameplay trailer would be awesome!

Right, I'm home, of work a bit early, am getting ready for the main event, plus my sky fibre broadband got activated today so no buffering!!!!!! I'm going for an average show, always get my hopes and they get trounced on :( come on Nintendo, let's get the decidedly average show on the road lol!

Animal Crossing please...

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom