E3 2015: Microsoft Press Conference Reaction - article discussion

Guns_LotsOfGuns

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It's that time of year again! We are one month out from then best time of the year for gamers, there are already rumours and leaks flying around but the real question is what big announcements don't we see coming and what do we hope to see?

Stick you flag in the sand we'll see who called it next month!

1. Viva Pinata 3! Rare gets back in the game! I hope this is what they are working on but it's probably gonna be Battletoads o_O
  2. Gears of War Remaster - All but confirmed and coming this year I assume.
  3. Halo ODST Remaster out now!
  4. Not a price cut per se but a decent set of bundles perhaps with even bigger storage say, 2TB minus Kinect plus Halo 5 or Tomb Raider or Black Ops 3 for £299
  5. Next iteration or expansion for Minecraft out this year, some sort of story mode.
  6. The new IP Phil Spencer has been going on about im guessing it's a character action game of some sort, they already have too many shooters really and Scalebound sounds a way off, personally id be happy if they bought back Ninja Gaiden back properly but i think it might be something in a simialr vein but with a new IP.
  7. Some sort of Rock Band tie in/bundle i would imagine a lot of people had RB on 360 and with the DLC carrying over its a good way to push people towards XB1, wouldn't be surprised to see Harmonix tie to the Xbox in terms of marketing push and branding etc, maybe a discounted bundle.

Last edited:
Gears Of War Remaster - Available to download after the Press Conference....for FREE !
Gears Of War 2 & 3 will be added over time at a small cost.

Half Life 3, 4 & 5 to be Xbox One exclusive, won't even be available for PC.....

Fallout 4 Exclusive to Xbox One.

The Division Exclusive to Xbox One.

The Last Of Us 2 Exclusive to Xbox One

Uncharted 1 - 3 Mega Collection Exclusive to Xbox One

DOOM Exclusive to Xbox One

Close the Thread now Guns :D

Thanks for starting this thread @Guns_LotsOfGuns I love E3 time and reading other people's predictions, it all adds to the hype train.

Anyway here are mine that related to only MS stuff. I've tried to be as detailed as I can so some obvious stuff isn't too easy, although game names are not exact (I noticed my post is huge so I wrapped it all in spoiler tags to help keep the size down).

Microsoft Press Conference / Announcements
I think this is a big year for MS and they will have a lot to show but I doubt many of what they announce will be shocking and unknown.

I'd imagine the MS press conference will follow a similar pattern to last year and focus on games and have many developers on stage showing off their stuff.

My big guess is that this year there will not be any mention of Call of Duty as MS no longer have a DLC/Marketing agreement with Activision for the series (not saying they don't for other games). I also think with Windows 10 out this year and MS making a big deal about PC gaming they will really push several first party games out on PC (sadly this will leave no time for anything relating to the 360 but some 360 announcements might be made via a press release or shown at MS' booth).

With E3 and Gamescom pretty close this year I think a lot of the smaller download only games and games developed in Europe will be shown at E3 but a lot of the details about them will be held back for Gamescom.
  • Rise of the Tomb Raider - Crystal Dynamics open the press conference with a live gameplay demo.
  • The Division - Ubisoft will show some more gameplay of The Division and will announce a DLC partnership.
  • Assassin's Creed Syndicate - Another Ubisoft demo showing the upcoming Assassin's Creed game and a DLC partnership.
  • Titanfall 2 - A video showing Respawn Entertainment hard at work on Titanfall 2 is shown. The video will show lots of people at desks looking at screens with 3D models of Titans or a load of code being scrolled through similar to the video at the Xbox One announcement showing Infinity Ward working on Call of Duty: Ghosts.
  • Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 5 - Tony Hawk takes to the stage to show a video package showing the next Tony Hawk game.
  • Forza 6 - Some jaw dropping visuals and live gameplay will be shown by Turn 10. They will also announce the game will launch on PC at a later date.
  • Forza Horizon 2 - MS will announce it's coming to PC.
  • Banjo-Threeie - We will see a trailer for Rare's game headed up by Gregg Mayles (will appear on stage to intro it) is a 3rd Banjo-Kazooie platformer that will be open world and use the cloud somehow (maybe for map size or physics). They will mention that it will release in the first half of 2016.
  • Fable Legends - We will see a live gameplay demo showing PC and Xbox One owners playing together or against each other.
  • Killer Instinct: Season 3 - Iron Galaxy's Dave Lang (actually I just want to see Lang on stage as he's a pretty funny and loud guy - video in link slightly NSFW) appears and starts talking about new features and fighters added to Season 3. My guess is a more fleshed out story mode and another set of 6-8 new characters.
  • Minecraft - Mojang's Jens Bergensten talks about the Xbox One and Windows version of Minecraft being able to work together and allow players to play together over MS' cloud servers. Also announce new skins and make mention of use MS' cloud to offer paid for servers with plenty of tools. I would of thought the Minecraft stuff might be held back to Gamescomm but Minecraft is huge so a big news announcement at E3 might happen. If something is announced at E3 I expect more in depth details to be given at Gamecomm (i.e. what exactly is in the next big update).
  • Telltale Minecraft Game - Telltale are on stage to show off the Minecraft story.
  • Scrolls - Mojang's card game Scrolls coming to Windows 10 and Xbox One and will allow players on all devices (Windows 10 PC/Phone/Tablet, iOS, Android and Xbox One) to play against each other. MS will use Scrolls as their main free to play card battling game like Blizzard's Hearthstone. This announcement might however be held off for Gamescomm.
  • Gears of War Ultimate Collection - All 3 mainline Gears of War games running at 1080p and 60 frames per second on the Xbox One and PC will be shown by Splash Damage. It will be announced for 2016.
  • Gears of War 4 - A teaser trailer for Gears of War 4 will be shown by Black Tusk Studios' Rod Fergusson with no release date given (I am guessing this is a 2017 game).
  • Crackdown - We see another trailer but this time with more information and some shots of actual in game/engine action. The studio helping Cloudgine develop the game will be announced and will be the ones on stage to show the trailer (although Dave Jones from Cloudgine will most likely also be on stage). No release date will be given.
  • Press Play's new game - A video showing Press Play's next download only game and the video will also show people who work at the studio. Will release within a year and also announced for PC (although might not be at Press Conference and via a press release later).
  • Twisted Pixel Games' new game - A video showing Twister Pixel Games' next download only game and the video will also show people who work at the studio and showing them filming some FMV stuff. I think going by the concept art it will be less laugh out load funny and more darker but still have some humour. Will release within a year and also announced for PC (although might not be at Press Conference and via a press release later).
  • ID@Xbox - Chris Charla is on stage to present a video package of a bunch of cool ID@Xbox games including Cuphead and Below. Games that are shown are planned to release within a year.
  • Quantum Break - Remedy's Sam Lake is on stage showing a gameplay demo of the game and giving some more cryptic clues about the game. Also announced for PC but will be at a later date (although might not be at Press Conference and via a press release later).
  • Scalebound - Hideki Kamiya from PlatinumGames shows off a trailer of Scalebound but no date or details are given.
  • Media and OS Stuff - Phil Spencer will say how great the Preview Program is going and how much they have implemented from user feedback via the feedback.xbox.com site. MS will then demo some new OS level features and announce some new apps coming in 2015. Would be good if they announce updates to existing apps like 4K Netflix playback and stuff like background audio playback.
  • Halo: The Master Chief Collection - Halo Reach announced as DLC and 343 Industries' Bonnie Ross announces it will come to PC in 2016.
  • Halo 5: Guardians - 343 Industries will be on stage to show in depth gameplay of both the campaign and multiplayer.
  • HoloLens - Kudo Tsunoda along with all the studios MS has internally (FIT, (FUN)ction Studios, Good Science, Leap Experience Partners, Platform Next Studios, SOTA, Soho Productions/Lift London and BigPark) and some external studios working on HoloLens software will show off some HoloLens stuff. We might also see people from Mojang on stage talking about Minecraft and HoloLens working together. I have a feeling HoloLens will be a massive chunk of the MS presentation and will be used as a showcase of what MS are doing and will be the thing that gets the biggest non-gaming media buzz. This might also be the closing thing similar to the Kinect announcement at an E3 several years ago. Nothing about HoloLens will be demoable at MS' booth but it maybe shown to a select few behind closed doors by MS execs.

Bethesda Press Conference
  • Fallout 4 - Due in 2016
  • The Elder Scrolls Online - Talk about how great the console launch was and future expansions coming within the year.
  • Doom - Mention it exists.
  • BattleCry - Gameplay demo.
  • Dishonored 2 - Game announced.

EA Press Conference
  • Madden NFL 16 - Live demo.
  • FIFA 16 - Gameplay video.
  • NHL 16 - Gameplay video.
  • NBA Live 16 - Live demo.
  • Rory Mcllroy PGA Tour - Live demo.
  • Plants vs Zombies 2 - Trailer shown.
  • Mirror's Edge - Trailer and gameplay video.
  • Mass Effect - Teaser Trailer.
  • Need for Speed - A new Need for Speed is shown by Ghost Games.
  • Criterion Games' Racing Game - Trailer for Criterion's new download only racing game is shown.
  • Battlefield 4 Updates - A video showcasing the big updates coming to BF4. Including more information on the night and community map(s).
  • Battlefield 5 - A very short teaser trailer is shown just to mention it's in development.
  • Battlefield: Hardline DLC - A video detailing more DLC maps for Hardline.
  • Star Wars Battlefront - Big live gameplay demo showing Star Wars stuff.
  • Visceral Games' Star Wars Game - A short teaser trailer for the Star Wars game Visceral is working on.
  • EA Mobile Games - Featuring a bunch of EA properties and licenses like The Simpsons.

Ubisoft Press Conference
  • Tom Clancy's The Division - More detailed and long gameplay of The Division.
  • Assassin's Creed Syndicate - More detailed and long gameplay of Assassin's Creed.
  • Rainbow Six: Siege - Gameplay demo.
  • Just Dance - Live gameplay demo.
  • Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell - Teaser trailer for new Splinter Cell Game due in Q3/Q4 2016
  • Far Cry 5 - Teaser trailer for new Fry Cry due in Q4 2016.
  • Watch Dogs 2 - Teaser trailer for new Watch Dogs game.
  • Rocksmith DLC - New artists/bands coming to Rocksmith.
  • Fitness Game - New fitness game that is due this year.
  • Raving Rabids Game - New Rabids game that is due within a year.

Square-Enix Press Conference
  • Kingdom Hearts 3 - Trailer shown.
  • Final Fantasy XV - Trailer shown.
  • Deus Ex: Mankind Divided - Gameplay video shown.
  • Rise of the Tomb Raider - More detailed and long gameplay demo shown.
  • Hitman 6 - Teaser trailer shown.

Will update post with other publishers later.

Last edited:
Apparently Decisive Games are working on a new strategy title, so maybe Age of Empires on the One?

Apparently Decisive Games are working on a new strategy title, so maybe Age of Empires on the One?

Totally forgot about Decisive Games. A new Age of Empires on the Xbox One would be great. If they take the controller stuff from Halo Wars it could work and they could even add some extra functionality using Kinect voice commands like Forza Horizon 2 does (it's not mandatory but useful).

Last edited:
You had me rushing to check the MCC as it had recently updated :(

Thanks for starting this thread @Guns_LotsOfGuns I love E3 time and reading other people's predictions, it all adds to the hype train.

Anyway here are mine that related to only MS stuff (I've tried to be as detailed as I can so some obvious stuff isn't too easy, although game names are not exact).

Microsoft Press Conference / Announcements
I think this is a big year for MS and they will have a lot to show but I doubt many of what they announce will be shocking and unknown.

I'd imagine the MS press conference will follow a similar pattern to last year and focus on games and have many developers on stage showing off their stuff.

My big guess is that this year there will not be any mention of Call of Duty as MS no longer have a DLC/Marketing agreement with Activision for the series (not saying they don't for other games). I also think with Windows 10 out this year and MS making a big deal about PC gaming they will really push several first party games out on PC (sadly this will leave no time for anything relating to the 360 but some 360 announcements might be made via a press release or shown at MS' booth).

With E3 and Gamescom pretty close this year I think a lot of the smaller download only games and games developed in Europe will be shown at E3 but a lot of the details about them will be held back for Gamescom.
  • Rise of the Tomb Raider - Crystal Dynamics open the press conference with a live gameplay demo.
  • The Division - Ubisoft will show some more gameplay of The Division and will announce a DLC partnership.
  • Assassin's Creed Syndicate - Another Ubisoft demo showing the upcoming Assassin's Creed game and a DLC partnership.
  • Titanfall 2 - A video showing Respawn Entertainment hard at work on Titanfall 2 is shown. The video will show lots of people at desks looking at screens with 3D models of Titans or a load of code being scrolled through similar to the video at the Xbox One announcement showing Infinity Ward working on Call of Duty: Ghosts.
  • Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 5 - Tony Hawk takes to the stage to show a video package showing the next Tony Hawk game.
  • Forza 6 - Some jaw dropping visuals and live gameplay will be shown by Turn 10. They will also announce the game will launch on PC at a later date.
  • Forza Horizon 2 - MS will announce it's coming to PC.
  • Banjo-Threeie - We will see a trailer for Rare's game headed up by Gregg Mayles (will appear on stage to intro it) is a 3rd Banjo-Kazooie platformer that will be open world and use the cloud somehow (maybe for map size or physics). They will mention that it will release in the first half of 2016.
  • Fable Legends - We will see a live gameplay demo showing PC and Xbox One owners playing together or against each other.
  • Killer Instinct: Season 3 - Iron Galaxy's Dave Lang (actually I just want to see Lang on stage as he's a pretty funny and loud guy - video in link slightly NSFW) appears and starts talking about new features and fighters added to Season 3. My guess is a more fleshed out story mode and another set of 6-8 new characters.
  • Gears of War Ultimate Collection - All 3 mainline Gears of War games running at 1080p and 60 frames per second on the Xbox One and PC will be shown by Splash Damage. It will be announced for 2016.
  • Gears of War 4 - A teaser trailer for Gears of War 4 will be shown by Black Tusk Studios' Rod Fergusson with no release date given (I am guessing this is a 2017 game).
  • Crackdown - We see another trailer but this time with more information and some shots of actual in game/engine action. The studio helping Cloudgine develop the game will be announced and will be the ones on stage to show the trailer (although Dave Jones from Cloudgine will most likely also be on stage). No release date will be given.
  • Press Play's new game - A video showing Press Play's next download only game and the video will also show people who work at the studio. Will release within a year and also announced for PC (although might not be at Press Conference and via a press release later).
  • Twisted Pixel Games' new game - A video showing Twister Pixel Games' next download only game and the video will also show people who work at the studio and showing them filming some FMV stuff. I think going by the concept art it will be less laugh out load funny and more darker but still have some humour. Will release within a year and also announced for PC (although might not be at Press Conference and via a press release later).
  • ID@Xbox - Chris Charla is on stage to present a video package of a bunch of cool ID@Xbox games including Cuphead and Below. Games that are shown are planned to release within a year.
  • Quantum Break - Remedy's Sam Lake is on stage showing a gameplay demo of the game and giving some more cryptic clues about the game. Also announced for PC but will be at a later date (although might not be at Press Conference and via a press release later).
  • Scalebound - Hideki Kamiya from PlatinumGames shows off a trailer of Scalebound but no date or details are given.
  • Media and OS Stuff - Phil Spencer will say how great the Preview Program is going and how much they have implemented from user feedback via the feedback.xbox.com site. MS will then demo some new OS level features and announce some new apps coming in 2015.
  • Halo: The Master Chief Collection - Halo Reach announced as DLC and 343 Industries' Bonnie Ross announces it will come to PC in 2016.
  • Halo 5: Guardians - 343 Industries will be on stage to show in depth gameplay of both the campaign and multiplayer.
  • HoloLens - Kudo Tsunoda along with all the studios MS has internally (FIT, (FUN)ction Studios, Good Science, Leap Experience Partners, Platform Next Studios, SOTA, Soho Productions/Lift London and BigPark) and some external studios working on HoloLens software will show off some HoloLens stuff. We might also see people from Mojang on stage talking about Minecraft and HoloLens working together. I have a feeling HoloLens will be a massive chunk of the MS presentation and will be used as a showcase of what MS are doing and will be the thing that gets the biggest non-gaming media buzz. This might also be the closing thing similar to the Kinect announcement at an E3 several years ago. Nothing about HoloLens will be demoable at MS' booth but it maybe shown to a select few behind closed doors by MS execs.

Bethesda Press Conference
  • Fallout 4 - Due in 2016
  • The Elder Scrolls Online - Talk about how great the console launch was and future expansions coming within the year.
  • Doom - Mention it exists.
  • BattleCry - Gameplay demo.
  • Dishonored 2 - Game announced.

EA Press Conference
  • Madden NFL 16 - Live demo.
  • FIFA 16 - Gameplay video.
  • NHL 16 - Gameplay video.
  • NBA Live 16 - Live demo.
  • Rory Mcllroy PGA Tour - Live demo.
  • Plants vs Zombies 2 - Trailer shown.
  • Mirror's Edge - Trailer and gameplay video.
  • Mass Effect - Teaser Trailer.
  • Need for Speed - A new Need for Speed is shown by Ghost Games.
  • Criterion Games' Racing Game - Trailer for Criterion's new download only racing game is shown.
  • Battlefield 4 Updates - A video showcasing the big updates coming to BF4. Including more information on the night and community map(s).
  • Battlefield 5 - A very short teaser trailer is shown just to mention it's in development.
  • Battlefield: Hardline DLC - A video detailing more DLC maps for Hardline.
  • Star Wars Battlefront - Big live gameplay demo showing Star Wars stuff.
  • Visceral Games' Star Wars Game - A short teaser trailer for the Star Wars game Visceral is working on.
  • EA Mobile Games - Featuring a bunch of EA properties and licenses like The Simpsons.

Ubisoft Press Conference
  • Tom Clancy's The Division - More detailed and long gameplay of The Division.
  • Assassin's Creed Syndicate - More detailed and long gameplay of Assassin's Creed.
  • Rainbow Six: Siege - Gameplay demo.
  • Just Dance - Live gameplay demo.
  • Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell - Teaser trailer for new Splinter Cell Game due in Q3/Q4 2016
  • Far Cry 5 - Teaser trailer for new Fry Cry due in Q4 2016.
  • Watch Dogs 2 - Teaser trailer for new Watch Dogs game.
  • Rocksmith DLC - New artists/bands coming to Rocksmith.
  • Fitness Game - New fitness game that is due this year.
  • Raving Rabids Game - New Rabids game that is due within a year.

Square-Enix Press Conference

• Kingdom Hearts 3 - Trailer shown.
  • Final Fantasy XV - Trailer shown.
  • Deus Ex: Mankind Divided - Gameplay video shown.
  • Rise of the Tomb Raider - More detailed and long gameplay demo shown.
  • Hitman 6 - Teaser trailer shown.

Will update post with other publishers later.

You did not bold WatchDogs 2... slacker.

Has to be a minecraft announcement .

Me ? I'm looking forward to fifa16 and the new forza6. What I dream about is a project Gotham racing 2 remake

What day does Ms present at e3 this year? Monday 15 or tus 16?

UK times:

Monday June 15
Bethesda 0230
Microsoft 1730
EA 2100
Ubisoft 2300

Tuesday June 16
Sony 0200
Nintendo 1700
Square-Enix 1800

Wednesday June 17
PC Gaming Show 0100

Last edited:
You Monday 15th, Tuesday 16th and Wednesday 17th?
I thought those dates looked wrong as I have my CPC theory test on the 13th which is a Saturday.

At least I won't miss the start of the MS presentation this year, now that I finish at 5 instead of 5:30.

As a Playstation Guy who misses Gears of War, im looking for Gears Remastered to really impress. All DLC included but mainly online more balanced and things like bullet sponging being fixed.

Console bundle at £229 for Christmas will be a guaranteed purchase for me

My prediction is that Phil Spencer will take the stage in a Banjo Kazooie T-shirt.

Looks like you may see Silent Hills as an exclusive on the one now, if rumours are to be believed.
Silent Hills Rumored to Come to Xbox One - IGN

That'd be quite the coup a Sony centric franchise of an eagerly anticipated game that got canned being brought into the Xbox fold and then uncanned. It'd be great... I'm calling it politely far fetched! :rotfl:

Yeah highly doubt it would happen, but if it did then it would be hilarious !

That article is a joke though and don't get me started on the comments below it :facepalm:
It's amazing how Sony are seen as some holy charitable organisation put on this earth to enhance Gamers Lives, sorry 'Players' and MS are evil scum hoping to rid the world of happiness and puppies !

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom