E3 - 2014

Few mic and stream issues throughout which was a tad annoying.

Those minor issues aside sony know how to put a good conference on, it was the most entertaining, funny, professional, and least awkward of all those that have been on today. Really excellent throughout.

-destiny, looks brilliant, dinklage starring in it as well :smashin:. alpha this weekend :eek:. Sony is definitely the lead platform for that.

-white ps4, looks very nice.

-the order 1886, another game i really want, graphics look great.

-entwined, i love my indies, but thats not for me, looks pretty cack.

-infamous first light, again not for me.

-little big planet 3, yes :clap:, theyve definitely evolved the previous iterations, co-op looks stronger than ever.

-bloodborne, looks interesting, too early to tell anything of worth.

-farcry 4, game play looks ace, visually excellent, my only concern is its not quite as open world as 3, as a result of the terrain you're in, but we'll see. Map looks massive, vertically and horizontally. Proper 2 player co op. It's an absolute must purchase.

You only need one copy between two playstation friends to co op, you can invite friends to play even if they dont own it, but you do. thats a BIG deal :eek:. (only on PS)

-dead island 2, not given too much away, looks a step up visually if that was in engine, 30 day beta, and exclusives for PS.

-disney infinity, meh.

-magicka 2, not for me, but props to them for the funniest 'advert'/trailer i've seen in a long long time.

-grim fandango remastered, good lord :eek: :clap:, also a hilarious intro to that segment.

-devolver digital compilation, these guys can do no wrong imo, they make some bloody brilliant games, and i cant wait for whats to come, hotline miami 2 looks fudgeing brilliant.

-let it die, looks messed up in the same way that manhunt was, but has the potential for fun, good looking game, good soundtrack.

-abzu, doesnt look like theres much actual gameplay to it, could be wrong, but visually looks great.

-no mans sky, im really not sure what to make of that, visually its a looker, doesnt feel like it came from an indie, probably the most ambitious console game i can recall in a long time.

-playstation camera, total meh.

-psn gameplay vids/pics sharing options, youtube coming to ps4, about damn time. ustream is very interesting for twitch streamers.

-free to play games, some corkers in the midst, but the best of which imo, we've already got/had on pc. And im very skeptical on how 'free' they are, they were very sparse on info.

-PS Now, open beta soon, not sure why they are going for ps3 games first, anyone who wants to run those still has their ps3 left over, they should've gone for ps1 and 2 games. Its a real reason to get a new sony tv when you're next in the market, if this takes off, it may mean never needing a PS to play those games.

-PS TV, i really like the idea of it, play vita games on a big screen, ps now, and stream a ps4 to a second tv in your home, $99.

-mortal kombat X, standard mortal kombat but prettier and gorier, if you like it, you like it, those fatalities are disgusting in the best possible way.

sony original programming, i didnt need to see this, reveal this elsewhere, 'powers', has potential, but after agents of shield i'll hold my breathe. First ep for free to all those on the PSN. All of it is free to plus users.

Ratchet and clank the movie, awesome :clap:, but i really dont need to see this, get back to games or this is gonna start sinking the ship. Game is being remastered for ps4 which is good.

-Last of us remastered, nothing to really say about that. Avoid that trailer if youve not played the game, but are intending to.

-metal gear phantom pain, corker of a trailer, i want.

-GTA5 on ps4/one/pc, bloody cant wait, autumn 2014, you can transfer your stuff across to ps4, even from 360 lol, gonna be amazing on pc if the port is good.

-batman arkham knight, wow, just wow, looks really incredible, they've amped up and evolved arkham city in every sense, scarecrow and the bat mobile, both look class.

-uncharted 4, :eek: the details in that trailer, i wasnt expecting this so soon, titled a thiefs end, suggesting the last in the series, a must buy if ever there was one.

And they've ended on the standard compilation, a good one mind, definitely finished on a high, great conference, 90 minutes of some of the best conference i've seen, 30 minutes of cack, the original programming and film stuff was totally unnecessary, and a bit boring.

I'm glad they didnt really hash back to the ps3, but im really surprised they didnt mention much of the vita, felt like they really didnt wanna bring it in, but thats no bad thing in this context, all anyones interested in is the 4 at this stage.

Overall if i were in the market for either console right now, knowing that with the multiplats sony will look better, and theres more exclusives im interested in, its a no brainer, sony absolutely smashed MS (again) imo.

(good lord that post got long, ive just been jotting my thoughts down slowly while the stream went on :rotfl:)

Last edited:
Can't wait for Inside by the same company who made LIMBO, which was a glorious game in terms of atmosphere and well-made puzzles.

So the next gen GTA5...is it any different from the other versions (added gameplay etc) or is it just a bit more shiny?

:eek: :eek::eek::eek:WHATTTTT?????

-grim fandango remastered, good lord :eek: :clap:, also a hilarious intro to that segment.

SHIT JUST GOT REAL

I had given up expecting to ever see this happen :clap::clap::clap:

So the next gen GTA5...is it any different from the other versions (added gameplay etc) or is it just a bit more shiny?

Probably just Graphically

The more I think about it the more I think the Halo MC Collection is a bit of a raw deal for gamers.

Most Halo fans have already paid for Halo CE twice. I can't believe Halo CE Anniversay, Halo 3 and Halo 4 have seen much extra polish beyond a resolution upgrade and Halo 4 will be quite fresh in people's minds. What everyone wants is a tart'd up Halo 2, however we're now stuck buying all four games, most likely at 50 quid, for just the one of interest.

A budget Halo 2 Anniversary at 15 to 20 quid, like Halo CE Anniversary, would have been a much more appealing offer.

So far all they said is its more shiny

Press Release (highlighted whats new so far)

Grand Theft Auto V Coming this Fall to PlayStation 4, Xbox One and PC | Rockstar Games

Today we're proud to announce that the critically-acclaimed and record-breaking Grand Theft Auto V is coming this fall to PlayStation 4, Xbox One and PC.

Grand Theft Auto V will take full advantage of the power of the PlayStation 4, Xbox One and PC with across-the-board graphical and technical improvements to deliver a stunning new level of detail. Increased draw distances, finer texture details, denser traffic, and enhanced resolutions all work together to bring new life to the cities, towns, deserts and oceans of Rockstar North’s epic reimagining of Southern California.

Switch between the interconnected lives of Michael, Trevor and Franklin as they embark on a series of heists across Los Santos and Blaine County in the biggest, deepest and richest open world experience yet, with game world enhancements that include new wildlife, upgraded weather and damage effects, and an array of new details to discover.

The new generation upgrades also extend to Grand Theft Auto Online, an ever-evolving Grand Theft Auto universe. Rise through the criminal ranks by banding together to complete Jobs for cash, purchase properties, vehicles and character upgrades, compete in traditional competitive modes, or create your own content to play and share with the Grand Theft Auto community.

All new content and gameplay created since the launch of Grand Theft Auto Online, including an extensive array of new Jobs, an arsenal of new weapons, scores of new vehicles, new properties and player customizations will also be available for the PlayStation 4 system, Xbox One and PC with much more to come. In addition, the current community of players will have the ability to transfer their Grand Theft Auto Online characters and progression to their choice of PlayStation 4, Xbox One or PC.

Grand Theft Auto V for PC will also feature a video editor designed for advanced movie-making.

Check out the new video that debuted tonight during Sony's E3 press conference above, and look for pre-order links beginning tomorrow Tuesday June 10th at rockstargames.com/V/order.

5pm the streams start again today for anyone interested.

The more I think about it the more I think the Halo MC Collection is a bit of a raw deal for gamers.

Most Halo fans have already paid for Halo CE twice. I can't believe Halo CE Anniversay, Halo 3 and Halo 4 have seen much extra polish beyond a resolution upgrade and Halo 4 will be quite fresh in people's minds. What everyone wants is a tart'd up Halo 2, however we're now stuck buying all four games, most likely at 50 quid, for just the one of interest.

A budget Halo 2 Anniversary at 15 to 20 quid, like Halo CE Anniversary, would have been a much more appealing offer.

I agree. I've played 1st (PC) & 3rd only. I have the others still to play. I wanted to get an updated Halo 2 to play. Most 360 owners own 3 anyway as it was one of the free games. Had it been a complete collection I could understand (Reach, ODST & Wars) but this makes little sense to me tbh

Halo remaster is prob the only thing that has me thinking of picking an X1 up.

Halo remaster is prob the only thing that has me thinking of picking an X1 up.

I think I will be picking one up September time too. Sunset Overdrive, Forza Horizons 2 and Halo stood out for me, with a new Crackdown on the horizon it seems a perfect time to pick one up.

Only Crackdown had me tempted to Xbox One. But since there was only a CG trailer and some talked up ambitions to show, no gameplay, I reckon its over a year away!

Yeah Crackdown is rumoured 2016.

Looking forward to today's announcement from Deep Silver. New Metro game and another one unrelated to the metro franchise in the works (rumoured). If the trailers shown throughout E3 look anything like that on release then 2015 could be an expensive year for upgrades. :eek:

What time does Nintendo kick off?

Damn! Don't get home until 7

Can you post a list like you did with the PS conference chox?

yeah will do, its only an hour long i think, so im not expecting a huge number of announcements, maybe one or two big ones in amongst the usual stuff.

New Staf Fox has already leaked...
140241056001.jpg

Open World Zelda seems interesting. Switched it off now. Not interested in their other junk. They're never going to appeal to the mass gaming market these days. They need to just sell their games on the other systems.

nintendo,

starts with a humourous claymation starring nintendo characters and their CEO, i found it amusing, poked on the fact people thought they wouldnt have a conference.

its an all digital conference so very different to the live shows, generally each game is talked about by its dev, with cutaways to clips and gameplay. Interlaced with some cheesy claymation clips.

-smash bros, fight with your mii's, mario is the other character shown, all in engine apparently, looks decent enough, i dont really rate SSB.

Mii's come in three varieties, mii brawler, swordfighter and gunners, each type can choose 4 special moves from 36 total.

-smash bros 3ds, first ever on a handheld, almost done, currently in testing, looks as you'd expect, fairly competent.

-amiibo, they're like skylanders toys, you touch the chip in the for example mario toy, to the wii u pad, and it integrates them into the game, first of which is SSB, it seems like it acts like a memory card, but also if you touch that to your wii pad you can fight with that character in game.

Theres more detail in another video on nintendo.com, personally i couldnt give a fudge about them.

-yoshi's wooly world, looks brilliant, gameplay and visually, must buy for wii u owners, feels a bit like yoshi's island, but instead of the wool being just being a great visual style, theyre trying to incorporate it into the way the game plays. It has 2 player co-op, rayman-esque, so working together, but also you can hinder each other.

-captain toad treasure tracker, looks like super mario galaxy-esque gameplay, but with toad, visuals and gameplay look fantastic.

-zelda name tbc, coming 2015, its a real looker, lovely art style, they've ditched gameplay of old and gone with fully open, big world, explore what you want from what they've said.

-pokemon omega ruby/alpha sapphire, looks like pokemon tbh, not much more to say, not bad looking for a 3ds game.

-bayonetta, im just not interested in, graphics dont do it for me, nor does the gameplay, but it looks competent.

-hyrule warriors, ive no clue what this is, seems like dynasty warriors meets zeldas world, looks absolutely rubbish imo, just dont get the fuss about hack and slash. 2 player, one on the tv, one on the wii u pad.

-kirby and the rainbow curse, 2015, 2.5d world, super mario bros style gameplay, but using the touch pad to control kirby, looks entertaining enough.

-xenoblade chronicles, 2015, i dunno what that was tbh, looks so awful in the most japanese way possible :rotfl:.

-mario maker, fairly self explanatory, create your own mario courses, looks like a fairly powerful tool from the screens.

-splatoon, 8 player 4 vs 4 mp game, apparently you fight for control of land using paint, inspired by how squids ink works, the real time overview looks very cool, but the game is a complete waste of time.

ended on a real weak spot actually, some real cack incoming.

I cant stand any of the japanese anime looking anything, game tv whatever, it's just absolute shite.

A good few incredibly strong first party games, but i cant see those being enough to really warrant the wii u's existence, the faster they move onto selling just software and their hardware dies, the better.

-briefly revealed in the after show,
star fox, project guard (tower defense), project giant robot (fighting game), prof layton 3ds, phoenix wright 3ds, mario party 10, fantasy life rpg 3ds.

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom