E3 2013

• Thread starter Deleted member 92943
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 92943

Cant see an E3 Thread anywhere so thought i would start one here. For once, not a lot of rumours are going around yet about what Sony are going to announce but here's my predictions for the event.

.PS3 will get a Substancial Price Drop £149.99 for the 500GB Model
.The Last of Us, Beyond 2 Souls and GT6 will be shown off. Dont think anymore PS3 exclusives will be announced.
.PS+ IGC games will be refreshed with some MASSIVE titles. (GOW Ascension)

.Vita wifi Model will get a modest Price drop
.Vita 3G Model will be scrapped. (Possibly replaced with a 4G Model but unlikely)
.Couple of Big IP's will be announced for Vita. GT6 Possible

.PS4 Console will be shown
.PS4 Price will be announced with a 'Holiday' 2013 release worldwide (ala Vita)
.A refreshed PSN and New PS+ Tiers will be shown
.Gakai Tech Demo will be shown Live
.A massive secret feature on the controller/ console will be shown
.The Last Guardian will be re-announced for PS4. Possible launch title
.New exclusive Final Fantasy will be announced and shown (teased at Feb Event)

Where as most will be looking at E3 to be about the PS4, for a 90 minute conference, they wont have much time to show too much. They will have to dedicate a good amount of time to PS3 & Vita.

With a PS4 launch this November, That will give them a few months to get all the other info and announcements out there. PS4 OS walkthrough Demos will probably be put on the PS Blog. Games like Singstar & Buzz will probably be shown at Gamescom as it's more European based.

Honestly I just want a crap load of AAA titles coming to the Vita and it to be confirmed that EVERY PS4 game will have remote play to the Vita.

I'd be happy if it was all PS4 and they had little conferences for the other stuff TBH.

Want to see some features and games that make me want to buy this over the nextbox or even just to have me buying it day one.

Chalky, you'll be buying it day one... especially if you want to be a tester for Sony! Or maybe they'll give you one free... BONUS!

GT6 has been confirmed for PS3 at E3 but read that they were still "thinking" about it for PS4 and unlikely to be released this year, so looks unlikely to be shown.

They said it is "pushing the boundaries" of the PS3 but am sure they have said almost identical last time out!

They said it is "pushing the boundaries" of the PS3 but am sure they have said almost identical last time out!
Yah, but tech always gets better, they could have better buffering, more ways to maximize ram and graphics, etc... so it's probably true on both accounts.

Well I would take "pushing the limits" to mean getting the absolute most you can get, and not jsut "the most we can get at the moment", but I know what you mean

I guess to be fair even the last one was technically amazing for my eyes - so am sure the new one will look even better.

Just hope they remember to include a game in this one!

Fair play I normally love GT but this one just didn't pull me in like previous versions.

Yah, for looks it's great, but simulating driving when I drive everyday is not a big deal to me. I drift in my rear wheel drive truck everytime it rains so that's not a huge adrenaline rush either. Was funny though cuz traffic was stop and go for a bit on the freeway and I give it some gas so this douche couldn't cut me off and I start spinning my rear tires and almost hit the car next to me before it straightened out.

I much prefer arcady type racing games but even those need something clever like Burnout (I think that's the game) where you get points for how much you wreck people.

Agree with most of those predictions, although some massive IGC additions might not quite happen - there's already some top quality games available, not sure it needs much more of a push.

One of the things I'll be interested in is how Sony intend to develop the Playstation Plus model. Has been the best value in this whole generation for me but I expect multiple tiers as PS4 comes out, probably with Gaikai integration at one level. If a multi tier approach is the future it would be good if Sony are able to confirm what you get at each level and the cost.

Other than that, more PS4 info, games shown and announcements on as-yet unnanounced Vita titles

I'm honestly excited to see what the new PS Plus offering will consist of. It could be even better than the current offering with the PS3/Vita. I'm probably looking forward to that more than any other PS4 info/box reveal.

Especailly with Gaikai, there is so much value they can add with PS Plus with a bronze/silver/gold tier. Make it like a rental service where you check games out and can play them until you're done, then play a different one when you check them back in. Could even be a AAA new release for the PS4. Like if you have gold you can check out 2 PS4 games, unlimited PS3 games and 2 Vita games, unlimited PSP games. Silver gives you 1 PS4 game, 2 PS3 games and 1 Vita game. Bronze gives you 1 PS4 game, 2 PS3 games and 1 Vita game but only 6 games a month whereas the others would be unlimited. Not saying my suggestions are anywhere near what would happen... but I could see a checkout system like that being implemented with PS Plus once PS4 comes into play.

EDIT: Supposedly there's over 100 Vita titles (mostly independent developers) that will be on the Vita this year. But I'd like to see more AAA titles by solid developers on handheld and consoles.

Last edited:
I've got my next-gen head on now so too fussed about PS3 games or price cuts.

I want to see the actual PS4 console. It probably doesn't matter to most, but I'm hoping for super cool groundbreaking aesthetics.

The launch games are what will make me decide between the PS4 and XB this year so hopefully we'll see lots of tasty titles and a (fairly) solid list of launch titles.

Personally I couldn't give a flying f@@@ about the paperweight that is the Vita unless it comes with a big price drop and fully implemented PS4 cross play (basically for off main screen gaming - like the Wii U).

I'm hoping for some new games for my mega drive but barring that I'm looking forward to PS4!!!

When last of us comes out I'm done with PS3 so I want as little time spent on the console as possible.

I'd love a lot of PS4 gameplay demos.
A lot of Vita games, including top class RPG's.
I want to hear my £40 PS Plus subscription will switch itself over to PS4.

As exciting as the new XBOX may be to XBOX Gamers, i would be a bit deflated about them continuing the Tile Windows 8 type OS meaning it may not look like such a transformation from the 360.

As exciting as the new XBOX may be to XBOX Gamers, i would be a bit deflated about them continuing the Tile Windows 8 type OS meaning it may not look like such a transformation from the 360.

Oh have you seen the new dashboard?

I'm a gamer so in honesty as long as the UI looks nice and is usable I don't really care.

Oh have you seen the new dashboard?

I'm a gamer so in honesty as long as the UI looks nice and is usable I don't really care.

Agreed. I don't care really. Besides having a bit of a play at first it soon just becomes:
Switch console on > Launch game. :)

Agreed. I don't care really. Besides having a bit of a play at first it soon just becomes:
Switch console on > Launch game. :)

Exactly. People moan about the UI and all these bits and bobs they don't want.

Simple really. Turn on launch game. Don't even have to touch the other stuff. Same with the PS3. Set the disc to autoload. Jobs a good un.

Exactly. I had forgotten about the auto load thingy as I switched it off ages ago. Anyone wanting their console to purely play games without bothering about all the other stuff have got a nice easy option.

Properly imbedded vid :)

What I did make out was the the 4 from PS4 was in a matte finish and not a gloss one.

Last edited:
i don't think they will stray too far from the ps3 design to be honest..this teaser pretty much confirms it ... wish they would use the opportunity to deliver something original and special ...the ps3 console design wise hasn't been very impressive in all its incarnations..pretty basic really. this is obviously to counteract the nextbox reveal ... let the games begin... my ps3 is on its way to game this week before the big price drops...

Why is there a plastic camel toe at 14 seconds in?

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom