1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

E20 Cuts Off During Pause

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by lbeck, Jan 2, 2003.

1. lbeck

lbeck
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    A couple of times now I have put my Panasonic E20 on "pause" while I changed tapes (dubbing from D-VHS to DVD) and the machine cuts off after a minute or two. First, I get the "writing video to DVD" (or something to that effect) then I get a message "not able to finalize recording" and the blamed thing says "Bye" and shuts down. I got some unanticipated shutdowns earlier when using cheap DVD-R blanks, but I assumed inferior media.

Have any of you E20 users experienced shut-down during pause?

2. malcom

malcom

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Hi lbeck. I have used the pause a lot on my E20 and never has it shut down. I often wonder if there is a time limit on it. I have experienced the opposite where the machine would not "pause" when I wanted. That inevitably was due to bad media and I suspect the media is at fault in your case. Malcom.

3. lbeck

lbeck
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the reply, Malcom.

I recorded the 2nd half of my video last night and finalized the disc. Everything appears to be operating okay so I guess the shut-down didn't invalidate anything. I used a Fuji DVD-R and have had success with them in the past.

I haven't had any problems getting the E-20 to pause when I wanted it to. Also, the other unexpected shud-downs that I've experienced were with really cheap discs and I don't believe that it went through the step of "writing information to disc."

I'll continue to wonder what caused the recent shut-down during pause, but it didn't appear to do any harm.