• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

E1 / XE1 - startup times for CD playback

telford_mike

Established Member
I've read lots on here about the startup times of these units when playing DVDs. Do the same delays apply to CD playback? How long could I expect to wait between powering the unit on and geting a tune out of it?

Also, is there any significant difference in the startup times between the E1 and XE1?

Thanks.

MWP1985

Prominent Member
Yes, there's the same boot-up time though it doesn't take long to load the CD once it's in. I'd say around 30-40 seconds from pressing the power button to playback on the E1, not sure about the XE1.

C Topp

Standard Member
How long could I expect to wait between powering the unit on

Ive got the E1 and just timed it :boring:

37 seconds from when i hit the power button to when the "HD DVD" splash screen appears.

Then however long it takes to load in a cd.

Chris

telford_mike

Established Member
Thanks guys, that's what I needed to know - ordered an XE1 :thumbsup:

Now I'm sure that amp could do with an upgrade ..... :nono:

city fan

Established Member
My XE1 takes the same time. I timed it the other day at around 40 seconds. And this is after the 1.3 firmware upgrade.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom