e-techland.co.uk & e-avland.co.uk - warning

GDUNCAN

Standard Member
Reaction score
I have found a site on the web that claims (when you ring them to be an importer of plasma TV's from japan.They state they do not sell to the public but yet offered me a Pioneer PDP 436 XDE with speakers and stand for £1505 all in. Has anyone heard of them and when it sounds to good to be true it usually is thoughts??

http://www.e-techland.co.uk/plasma.htm

stinks to high heaven... Give them money and you can kiss it goodbye I would have thought.

Read the terms and conditions.... also they have a (nice non geographic probably untraceable to a real person) 0700 number

See here for how easy a 0700 is gotten :

http://0700.uk2numbers.co.uk/index.cfm?go=pricing

when they are supposedly based in kent.

Reminds me of the leather jacket from the back of a white van scam :)

GDUNCAN said:
I have found a site on the web that claims (when you ring them to be an importer of plasma TV's from japan.They state they do not sell to the public but yet offered me a Pioneer PDP 436 XDE with speakers and stand for £1505 all in. Has anyone heard of them and when it sounds to good to be true it usually is thoughts??

http://www.e-techland.co.uk/plasma.htm

They are a fraudulent website. I have had the misfortune of being scammed by them myself. Basically as soon as you've paid you'll never here from them again. It also looks like they have set up another website
http://www.e-avland.co.uk
which is exactly the same items, exactly the same format and garbage, infact one of the web pages even has copyright of e-techland still at the bottom. DO NOT BUY FROM EITHER OF THESE WEBSITES. VISIT THE LINK BELOW FOR MORE INFO.
http://www.geocities.com/mcfarlandgareth

I was nearly about to purchase a load of TVs today from e-techland.co.uk until just now i randomly found this forum about them. I would have lost thousands if i didnt see this forum now. I just thought there prices were to good to be true. Im so, so pleased i found this forum before i went ahead and ordered from them.

Hi there,

wish i had found this a week ago

i placed an order last monday, thats that!!!

same thing... lies, hanging up phone etc

Has anyone established if the address they have listed is real, cos i am going to pay it a visit.

Worthy of note though is that they came to me RECOMMENDED by a friend who had ordered, and received his television with only minor problems.

any information would be apprecieted as we have contacted police and our bank to try to retreave our £600

Many thanks

krismartin said:
Has anyone established if the address they have listed is real, cos i am going to pay it a visit.

The address of the owner both websites has been withheld from Nominet but I have reported them both to a friend of mine who works there and if you do a Whois search in a couple of days time the address of the websites owners (Mr Vikram Singh) will be disclosed.

thanks ian

the police are also now in the process of tracing this company i will share information i find out

i will also speak to my friend who got his tv and see if he has any documentation which may help

kris martin

My friend at Nominet is on the ball and a search at Nominet will now reveal that the domain is owned by :-

Vikram Singh
18 Juniper Close,
Maidstone
Chesterfield
Kent ME16 0XP

That address also seem to be home to a couple of plumbing companies, Advanced Gas Services (Kent) Ltd and Advanced Gas Services Ltd both of which have the telephone number 01622 673994

I have had the information in Maidstone checked out. Vikram Singh not registered at the house or business unfortunately.
I filed a report on Saturday with Sussex Police
I had also sent money on 9/8.

He was still trying to sell yesterday :

i happened to come across this site aswell and paid out the £800 on the 9/8/06 a discount price he gave me!! :mad: i have been to the address in welling that is avertised on the site, the people that live there have had a few visits and been raided by the police they gave me the number of the DCI dealing with it. my son also rang the number again today and the bloke said they are having a sale and that he will call him back tomorrow!! so these people are still scammin!! and apparently they have opened another web site!!!
dave

Guys,
Thanks for the info as I was going to , today, buy a 26"Samsung. I hope you guys get your money back as these stories are sickening!

I guess if it seems too good to be true it is !

i still dont understand how come my friend got his tv

he is back from holiday tomorrow and will have a word. he might have information as to where the tv was sent from...

also find out how come he didnt get scammed.

Im going to get the serial number of his TV and see if that helps me trace it through the supplier chain.

I have also found out the 0700 numbers can be traced by police. And im sure they will do just that

regards

Also VIKRAM SINGH is a name a recognise not sure whether its from watchdog or what, but definatly rings a bell.

putting together the information so far we have the following:

The listing address is in KENT
The bank account is in KENT (Woolwich)
The nominet address is in KENT.

Has anyone visited the nominet address, i appreciate there is no registration but they may be there.

If not im sure that the big plumber might be interested to know that his address is being used!!!

He better hope the police find him before i do!

I too have been done by these thieves. Have reported to police and trading standards. this sister site, e-avland has an address down the road from me, so i rang them and they are definitely one and the same so i rang the Liverpool Echo and then the Kentish Times. Lets just say that any of you lads who are from Kent will want a copy of the Kentish times tomorrw (thursday):) :) The net is closing in.

I have also been scammed by these guys...

The account details for E-techland that I received are as follows:

Account name : S. Arif
Bank : Natwest
Account number : 535 00741
Sort code : 01-08-15

The address given on the website of 8 Falconwood Ave, Kent, Welling, DA16 2SQ is registered to a person with the surname of "TELFER"... also a residential address!

At least I was only caught for £360... but still a shock to think people are SO dishonest!

Hopefully we find Vikram Singh!!!!

Cheers
Gary

I've definately seen that name Vikram Singh before, It was in another AV Forum (Dont remember which) where a chap had posted after not recieving his Plasma via a dodgy website.

The cheeky bugger even left a post claiming he deserved it for being thick, can you believe it?!

The scary thing is that if it were me who got scammed, I would relentlessly seek that person out and sort them out, like Khan from Star Trek II.

I hope they lock the T**t up.

There was a story about these web site in my local paper, so being the nosey person i am i looked in to it a bit, but if you whois the domain name you get this :

Domain name:
e-techland.co.uk

Registrant:
Vikram Singh

Registrant type:
UK Individual

Registrant's address:
18 Juniper Close, Maidstone
Chesterfield
Kent
ME16 0XP
GB

Registrant's agent:
Pipex Communications UK Ltd t/a 123-Reg.co.uk [Tag = 123-REG]
URL: http://www.123-reg.co.uk

Relevant dates:
Registered on: 24-Jul-2006
Renewal date: 24-Jul-2008
Last updated: 15-Aug-2006

Registration status:
Registration request being processed.

Name servers:
ns1.simounts2.co.uk
ns2.simounts2.co.uk

WHOIS lookup made at 10:32:57 18-Aug-2006

this is maybe be his real address, if would be nice to see this guy get whats coming to him. but if any one is going to beat him e-mail me i always like things like that. [email protected]

hi there

thats not the real address, a plumber in fact...

i am finding it difficult to understand why the police have not traced the 0700 number.

according to data protection act the companys much release information as to the number that the 0700 number routes to to police.

never mind... not a great deal of faith in the police

will if the police wanted to find Vikram Singh, there are only 2 of them in kent, well 2 that vote(www.192.com). it cant be that hard to find him.

why not ring up the 0700 number and ask for Vikram Singh, and say you found some think of his and you jsut wanna drop it off for him, i jsut wanna see this guy get arrested or something

I too have been scamed by this low life, if the police would do there job it would not be hard to find him. I hope trading standards can trace him and bring him to book.

Ok.. how exactly have you all been paying.. surely not through bank transfer ? Did no one think it odd that you could not pay my credit card ?

I would have thought the police would be able to get the details from the bank which you have been paying into ? Unless they have somehow set up a fraudulent account to just wash the money through.

Good Luck everyone.. hope you nail them...

Matt

Sites:
www.e-avland.co.uk -312, Longmoor Lane, Liverpool, Merseyside L9 9BZ
TELEPHONE CONTACT: 0700 5942032
Domain name: e-avland.co.uk
Registrant: Vikram Singh
Registrant type: UK Individual
Registrant's address:
Chesterfield
Kent
ME16 0XP
GB

www.e-techland.co.uk - 8, Falconwood Avenue, KENT, Welling, Kent DA16 2SQ
TELEPHONE CONTACT: 0700 5946840
Domain name: e-techland.co.uk
Registrant: Vikram Singh
Registrant type: UK Individual
Registrant's address:
Chesterfield
Kent
ME16 0XP
GB

Banks People have paid money into where these have stolen

National Westminster Bank Plc
Slough,Farnham Road
Bristol Customer Service Centre
740 Waterside Drive
Aztec West
Bristol
BS99 5BD
Tel. 0870 2403355
Account name : S. Arif
Bank : Natwest
Account number : 535 00741
Sort code : 01-08-15

Nationwide Building Society
Station Road
P.O. Box 8888
Nationwide Hse
Pipers Way
Swindon L
Wilts.
SN38 1NW
Tel. 08457 302010

Sort Code 07-44-56
Account Number: 24815263
Account Name: T.Ali

The Woolwich,
Open Plan Accounts,
Clearing Services Department,
Admin Block,
Erith Road,
Bexley Heath,
Kent, DA6 7RR

A/c Name: VA Winch
Sort Code: 10-80-12
A/c Number: 31472487

Names:
Vikram Singh
S. Arif
T. Ali
VA Winch

[Edit from admin - details of the host have been removed as they are not related to the scam]

I know this does not relate to audio visial equipment but I was nearly caught out by this man. He is also trading as www.laptopvillage.co.uk. I was suspicious because the laptop I was interested in was for sale at half the normal price so I googled the address and came up with nothing. A search on multimap did not find the address "17 Mays Siding, London Rd, Swanley, Kent BR8 8DB" or even a "Mays" street. The T & Cs are also very strong and break the sale of goods act. Before I found this forum I emailed them to check the price and questionned why I could not find the address. If I get a reply I will let you know.

My g-d, i really feel for you poor peeps.

Surely this kind of thing would make perfect footage for Watchdog. I'm sure with their resources they would be able to get to the bottom of these ba****rds.

Has anyone tried contacting the BBC to see if they would be interested in this story??

Especially if they're still trading strong.

Sorry to hear the tales of woe, I think every mail order purchaser fear it happening to them.

The reason for this post is thus. When you register a domain name you don't have to give your real details, Nominet, Internic etc don't check. Certainly if they are scam sites the chances are the domain name wouldn't be registered to the person's real name (unless he is completely stupid).

Therefore, don't go wasting your time with the whois results but I would suggest going to the bank of the account you paid money into. At some point the person must have opened the account and provided some ID or even stepped inside the bank branch meaning there must be a picture of him.

I hope you have luck in getting your money back.

L.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom