E-Pilot SRC9200 and Panny TV

G

Gasue

Using macro's on this remote is great, except I have one that switches everything off that doesn't work with the Panny TV as it has a slightly longer pulse necessary to switch it off (about a two second key press). It doesn't learn delays when you hold the button when programming - any ideas on how to get round this delay?

Originally posted by Gasue
Using macro's on this remote is great, except I have one that switches everything off that doesn't work with the Panny TV as it has a slightly longer pulse necessary to switch it off (about a two second key press). It doesn't learn delays when you hold the button when programming - any ideas on how to get round this delay?

Check out the product page http://www.crispsolutions.com/pspage.htm
i think there is a macro delay function

I have been trying to resolve this for ages - I realise there may not be an answer :(

but i live in hope... :suicide:

the macro delay just puts a pause in between commands, but what is needed is an extended pulse.

I have tried multiple pilses but this won't do it, and crisp solutions weren't able to help me (well, they never really understood the issue of extended pulse rather than macro delay).

It is otherwise a superb remote for the price (I paid £40 at Maplin), but this one little issue prevents visitors from using the thing without instructions! (ie switching TV on first, then using a macro key afterwards)

One day i will probably upgrade to something better, but even then i dont know what would work with this situation

Ho hum - any one cracked this? would be pleased to hear!

I eventually got fed up unable to customise so bought a ProntoNEO, i also had a pronto which i didnt like especially -not enough hard buttons.

I would really like to move to colour, the new AximX3 and HP2210
have SDIO and WIFi capabilities but yet again not too many hard buttons, oh well, my Neo serves me well and has taken some beatings from the kids

Hi Paul

Does the ProntNeo allow for an extended pulse that will boot up the Panny TV? (i.e. will it overcome the e-pilot problem above?).

Hi,

It doesnt explicitly use any extended pulse functionality but does have standard delay functionality.

To be honest although i do have TV on/off buttons i dont use them at all as the way i drive my TV is via SCART switching.
My TV is always in standby and is turned on by switch on
either my sky digibox or dvd (both connected to AV1)

Essentially if the equipment connected via scart on AV1 supports scart switching then it will send a signal on Pin8 which will either turn the TV on from standy.

The NEO does make things really easy though, i have two very usefull macros AllON and AllOFF
AllON turns on the skydigibox (this turns on the TV and switches to AV1) on the AMP,switches to CABLE audio, switches on the living room lamp (via X10). Alloff does pretty much everything in reverse.

You can get the NEO refurbed in the US for 60GBP

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom