1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

E-Pilot, Should i buy one?

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Control & Remote Controls' started by MrCoopz, Aug 11, 2002.

1. MrCoopz

MrCoopz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +25
    I have searched the forums about this but my questions havnt been answered.

I just wanna know if all the buttons for Sky digital can be programmed in and also does it work ProV and the Panasonic PTAE-100??

Thanks

and i forgot wheres the cheapest to buy one?

2. paulsa

paulsa

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    At the moment Maplin are selling E Pilots (SRC 9200) for £39.99,I was wondering the same as you .......are they any good ??,I really need a lit multi remote,so if anybody has got one of these or info on the `best `(within a decent price range;) ) one to go for please let us know.......before Maplin sell out:D

3. MrCoopz

MrCoopz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +25
    NO WAY, i ordered mine yesterday from Letropacks for £65

ahhhhhhh

4. MrCoopz

MrCoopz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +25
    Update, i cancelled my order and ordered one from Maplin :)

5. raven219

raven219

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +15
    I have one of these. Sorry MrCoopz, but I don't Sky so I can't answer whether it will do all that you need. What I do know is that I have put all my remotes in the drawer (AV Amp, CD, DVD, TV etc) as the E-pilot does all the day to day actions. Only if I want to play with the setup of my AV amp do I dig the remote out. Also with the macro function you can do some automation.

I do prefer sitting down to watch a DVD with just one remote rather than three!

Raven

6. Philip Newton

Philip Newton

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have the E Pilot and I love it i set up macros to do all I need at the push of a button I bought richer sounds version bit more than you have seen but well worth it, looks great too, especially when in dark room. My girlfriend could not work out how to set up amp and tv etc before now I have set it so she just pushes play and it changes the amp, tv etc. As for Sky i don't know as don't have it but richer sounds said that the only thing it may not learn is the interactive button but have not tried. Very very easy to use

7. paulsa

paulsa

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Glad to be of help MR Coopz,at least now i know it does what it says on the tin :D ,suppose i better go and get one before they all go at that price:cool: thanks for the replies guys

8. MrCoopz

MrCoopz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +25
    Thanks for the response and thanks paulsa for saving me 25 squid :)

all i want to know now is about ProV?? But no worrys ill find out tomorrow anyway and let u know

9. MrCoopz

MrCoopz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +25
    Hello i got my Remote today, i ordered it at 1 yesterday and it came at 9 today not bad eh :)

anyway i have set up a few things and i am pleased to say it works everything. All the Sky Digital Buttons that i was worried about and all my remotes will be now put away.

There was only 1 problem i found when changing the layout to suit specific keys there isnt much of a choice, theres 4 preset icons for each key and annoyingly they cant be moved from that spot. But i got around that and everythings working fine even if i do have a few blank buttons to remember :)

10. paulsa

paulsa

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Went in and got one this morning :) ,just had a quick look at the instructions :confused:,but going out just now, so will give it a good look tonight,glad yours works ok.

11. paulsa

paulsa

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    going to have a good look at it tonight.......first thing i have noticed,but then i`ve still to fully read the instructions:rolleyes: ,when its set to the TV function, there does not appear to be any teletext buttons.....or am i missing something:)

12. alfablue

alfablue
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The e pilot is great (esp at Maplin's price) BUT

one problem is that the IR pulse is too short to power-up my TV (Panasonic TX28PK3) when using a macro.

It Will power up if i hold the power button, but my hopes of having a 1 button press to run the 6 steps required to watch TV (amp, digibox, AV source etc) have been dashed, and I need to power up TV before running the macro.

Its no big deal for me, but i had hoped to make it as easy as poss for bewildered visitors (still, they used to have 5 remotes to juggle).

For £40 I can't complain, it is brilliant apart from this. Does anyone else have that problem/know of a fix???

13. Philip Newton

Philip Newton

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Not sure if it will work but when teaching the reomote the amps power up hold the power button on the amp for longer (as long as needed to power up the amp) it may learn the length of time needed, it seems to work for my tv which takes a longer press to power up

14. alfablue

alfablue
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    thanks for the suggestion Phillip

I tried this, but it seems to make no difference if I hold the original remote power button for longer, when in learning mode, or if i hold the lcd e pilot button longer when creating the macro.

I am wondering if Crisp Solutions (the manufacturers) will be able to suggest anything, but they opened my tech-support e-mail 2 days ago and no reply yet.

I am also wondering if the Pront would have the same problem. If not I may buy it (and sell my E Pilot, which is still fantastic in every other respect, obviously!!!).

15. MrCoopz

MrCoopz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +25
    To switch off my Panny i have to too press the button twice in quick succession.

Try that

16. paulsa

paulsa

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    don`t know if mine was faulty,but was doing some strange things,i.e. when i pressed TV mute, i had to press another button before it would `unmute` the TV again ,when pressing for page 119 on teletext it didn`t like having to send the info for the number 1 twice ?,so took it back ,they have no more stock,totally sold out..........so just went out and bought a Pronto,from Richer Sounds:rolleyes:

17. ned

ned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    anyone tell me how and what macros can do and also how to programme, just got remote and still working out how to programme it all help appreciated

18. Philip Newton

Philip Newton

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Macros will allow you to string buttons together to do one touch command. For example mine turns on the dvd player and then the tv, and amp at the same time. My dvd player is slower than the tv and amp to turn on so i delay the amp and tv comong on. it also sets my amp to dvd mode and the output to 5.1 as it does it. Its quite a handy tool to use as it saves me using 3 remotes and lots of buttons. As I dont know wat commands you want to do, it is hard to say what order etc it is best to input them, but as a rule you can delay slower commands by 2, 5 or 10 seconds and make sure you do them in order e.g you cant change the amp settings if the amp is not on. Instuctions on how to set them up are included in the manual if any probs like you do not have a manual, let me know and I will post another

19. paulryan

paulryan
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    It would appear that it doesnt matter whether its the same key or not. I have a similar problem with the toglle type keys in than they appear to need an intermediary key press and then a second key press to toggle.

Has anyone managed to get toggle keys working ???