1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

E-mod Multi Region problems for Pioneer DV 626

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by AdtheBad, Mar 3, 2002.

1. AdtheBad

AdtheBad

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Wondering if any of you guys could help me on this one....

I have a Pioneer DV 626 player which I bought a couple of years ago from Techtronics with an E-mod multi-region which just slotted in to the side grate and after a few initial problems, and after they re-sent me the 'dongle' which slots in the side I have had no problems with it at all.
    However - I moved recently, and I think that during the move the e-mod dongle type think broke - my own fault, I have to admit to that.
    I know that if I can just get my hands on another of these dongles then I'll be up and working again fine, however I have tried e-mailing Techtronics themselves (no reply), and calling them (no answer) to see if I can get another of these sent to me. I realise that I will probably have to pay something for it - its my own fault for being so clumsy with it - but I have heard nothing back, and I don't know what else to do.
    Does anyone out there know where I can get hold of one of these dongles - and if not can anyone suggest anywhere where I can get my player multi-regioned again. I am loathed to buy a new player as the Pioneer is very good, and I don't want to be paying out that kind of money.

Any advice on this one....

Cheers

Ad

2. KAO

KAO

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Ad, I bought a 626 modded by www.linkonline.co.uk and I have nothing but praise. Great sound, great picture, and it plays anything I throw at it.

3. bob007

bob007

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    You could try homecinemaheaven iv'e used them in the past and are reliable, they offer a courier service aswell. They use the sprinter mod which converts the player to manual and auto region select, RCE compatible and macrovision disabled. You could enquire about your dongle, they may be able to locate one for you.

4. Dick Scratcher

Dick Scratcher

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Another fine example of that rare beast 'Techtronics customer service', with any luck we are all slowly learning our lesson where THAT company is concerned.

5. AdtheBad

AdtheBad

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Well - it took a while, I have enquired at a few places other than Techtronics - and most couldn't really help - although they did at least respond to my enquiries!

Eventully tried contacting Techtronics again, by two different means, and got a response in next to no time. Perhaps they're finally sorting out their 'communication issues'.

Anyway the long and the short of it is that I have to let them have my original order no. and they will get someone to call me from head office (?!)

Well its progress of a kind.....

Will let you know if and when I can find the order no and what response I get from Techtronics.