Ally

Novice Member
Hi, i've just installed Thunderbird for my e-mail as i would like to use it instead of Outlook, i have everything set up apart from the part where i need to enter my password to be able to send/receive e-mail, but for the life of me i cannot remember it, anyone got any ideas as to how i solve this problem?

thanks

dante01

Distinguished Member
Hi, i've just installed Thunderbird for my e-mail as i would like to use it instead of Outlook, i have everything set up apart from the part where i need to enter my password to be able to send/receive e-mail, but for the life of me i cannot remember it, anyone got any ideas as to how i solve this problem?

thanks

You can do it online. It will not give you the old PW, but you enter a new one and use that. THe process requires that you answer a security question that you defined when you originally set up the account. If you can't remember the correct answer to the security question then you'll have to call VM and ask them what your email account password is.

Connecting you - Virgin Media

Go through the motions until you see the option relating to forgotten passwords.

Last edited:

Ally

Novice Member
Thanks mate, but done all that, changed my password successfully, but when i try to "get mail" on Thunderbird the password box comes up and i enter my new "changed" password and it doesn't accept it?

I'm well and truely stumped......:lease:

dante01

Distinguished Member
Thanks mate, but done all that, changed my password successfully, but when i try to "get mail" on Thunderbird the password box comes up and i enter my new "changed" password and it doesn't accept it?

I'm well and truely stumped......:lease:

Leane it a while. I've had similar problems before and the VM mail servers appear to take some time before they start accepting the new PW. If you still get no joy, I can only suggest you contact VM about it.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Q Acoustics Q3030i, Humax Aura, Roku Streambar & WandaVision Reviews and more...
Top Bottom